Got My Tunze Skimmer and RODI

Razor

I got my Tunze nano skimmer today in the mail. It came in while I was at work so that made the day go by so much slower. When I got home I found it was not a HOB (which is what I need) it actually sits inside the display tank and is held with a magnet like the Hydro powerheads. This didn't work because my light's take up most of the width. I called Marine Depot and spoke with them about it and they were fantastic on the phone. So now I have the Aqua C Ramora w/1200 mj pump on the way.

I also got my Coralife Pureflo 2 that makes RO/DI @ the rate of 50gpd. This thing works at about my pace! So I will be slowly swapping out my Britta filtered water with clorinator remover and store bought RO water for RO/DI slowly over the next week. Any suggestions on how I should tackle this?

I got my Tunze nano skimmer today in the mail. It came in while I was at work so that made the day go by so much slower. When I got home I found it was not a HOB (which is what I need) it actually sits inside the display tank and is held with a magnet like the Hydro powerheads. This didn't work because my light's take up most of the width. I called Marine Depot and spoke with them about it and they were fantastic on the phone. So now I have the Aqua C Ramora w/1200 mj pump on the way.

I like that AquaC skimmer.

I also got my Coralife Pureflo 2 that makes RO/DI @ the rate of 50gpd. This thing works at about my pace! So I will be slowly swapping out my Britta filtered water with clorinator remover and store bought RO water for RO/DI slowly over the next week. Any suggestions on how I should tackle this?

Just start doing your regular water changes with the filtered water. Within a few weeks you'll have replaced the original water.

Archived