WWWOOOHHHHOOOO new LFS

neal90

Is that really rare? My green mandarin is eating frozen brine. He eats slowly though. It's like he has to stalk it before he eats it.

I was at the store yesterday and although it is small by comparison to ARC and Tek, it is very clean. The tanks all look good with lots of coraline and the prices are pretty much in line with others in the area.

Many mandarins only eat live foods. They have a very high mortality rate in aquariums that are not well established due to their lack of pods. I have one that has been doing well for several months in my 90g.

I haven't bothered feeding my mandarin prepared foods since it seems to be fine.

Daniel

just got home from the store...first impression was its very very clean and doesnt have that fish store smell...

every tank was super clean also and no dead fish

the guy that runs the business is a cool guy and very helpful and honest...he'll let ya know whats up whether you wanna hear it or not and hes very knowledgeble and was very helpful

i thought the prices were great and ended up buying a diamond goby and a shrimp biggrin.gif

I'm the hunt for mogul base 14K MH bulbs.....did y'all seen any? Most mandarins can't adapt to frozen but there's the exception and if you find one that's eating frozen food.....better snatch it. I have a Green spotted mandarin and it's eating frozen mysis (got it @ RCA) and I'm hoping one day to add a Blue mandarin to my other tank.

Shane is an awesome guy and this store will be around for a long time. He won't sell you, he talks to you and finds out what you need. He's wanting to know about being a sponser and I didn't have the info for him. Andrew or Mark ya'll should go see him and give him the 411. Oh and I have a new mandrin that loves his frozen food. JOY!!!

AWESOME! I know him. He sold his LFS in Beaumont (which its where I got most of my stuff from there). LOL.

I haven't been to the new store (and I was in the area today). His store in Beaumont was great though. He had two gorgeous SW display tanks. Great guy to work with.

I dropped by Saturday afternoon. Shane was busy talking with someone so I didn't interrupt. Prices looked very nice, all the live stock was nice and healthy. The livestock is pretty limited though but I'm sure that will improve. Not much in the way of corals yet either.

As others have mentioned, not a whole lot in the way of dry goods.

Me likey!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the new LFS. Fish are in great condition, and all appear to be happy fish. Beautiful live rock, but he is a bit proud on his pricing for it ($7.00 lb). All of his tanks have crushed coral substrate and he seems to be pretty "one-way" about it versus live sand or sand in general. The custom sumps that he builds look great. His store is clean, well laid out, great looking nems, healthy livestock, and the guy is pretty dang nice (and long winded). Overal, I'de give his store a 8 out of 10. -1 for prices, -1 for one-way-ness.

I was there Sat. Shane is a great guy! Its is super clean!!! He told me the corals will be coming this week and more next week.... Also he has VHO bulbs INSTOCK!!!!! This is the only place I have found them! He also carries a few ballast for PC's and T5's.