WWWOOOHHHHOOOO new LFS

neal90

Not sure if this is a repost or not but, I stopped by Fish business. Its an only slat water fish store. I talked to to the owner for about 2 hours tonight, and he seems to be a really nice guy that actually has a true love for the fish that he sells. Did I mention he is SALTWATER ONLY. The store is new and very clean. He has been there only a few weeks and has a very nice selection of fish. He is still setting up his coral tanks so none at this time. What I did like was not one dead fish in the store. I have been to all the big LFS and always see 1 or 2 dead fish in the store. None in his. He spent a good bit of time talking to me about the algae problem Im having. He didnt even try to sell me anything just some good advice imo. You all should go check him out.

This is his contact info

Fishy Business

11005 Burnet Rd

Austin, TX 78758 Map

(512) 284-8090

Who would he need to cantact to be added. Im going back up there to order my last fish. He was also one of the few owners that would really try to get the fish I wanted

Stopped by there this morning on my way back to the office after an appointment, and it looks like a really nice place. Like Neal said he's still getting set up, but everything looked really clean, no dead fish to be found.. his two mandarins both looked fat and happy, and he really seemed to know what he was talking about. Looks like the store's going to be a good resource.

Stopped by the new LFS, pretty nice. very clean and you guys were right not a dead fish in the bunch. the guys pretty cool too. had some good stories.. gonna be a pretty good store. prices are a touch high but never the less, ill be happy when they get some corals in..

How do the prices of their dry goods compare to the other LFS?

Is there any chance this place will be something close to the ATLs/Vivids of the world? Do they have a lot of room for coral tank expansion?

I'd like to go by sometime...

I've been by twice. Nice store, with very nice set-up for fish and likable, no pressure proprietor with good knowledge base and experience. I liked the fish selection, and all looked very healthy. Prices were moderate - no giveaways, but definitely lower than the nearest neighbor. I plan to do some business there.

I picked up a fish that he had that was on the rare side and $$ and wanted to see it eat (no big deal right ?) Thats the start of the story. I have spent a few hours in the store the past phew day and he (that being the owner) was telling me how the 2 green mandarinfish were eating frozen food. Well I didnt want to call him out about that kinda fish never eating prepared food, so I didnt. But when he was feeding the fish I was getting he also feed a few of the other tanks and one of them had one of the green mandarinfish in it. And let me tell you. I watched this fish eat the frozen food. So If you have wanted one of these fish but was always afraid of it not eating n your tank, the one i saw was for a fact eating frozen food.

I picked up a fish that he had that was on the rare side and $$ and wanted to see it eat (no big deal right ?) Thats the start of the story. I have spent a few hours in the store the past phew day and he (that being the owner) was telling me how the 2 green mandarinfish were eating frozen food. Well I didnt want to call him out about that kinda fish never eating prepared food, so I didnt. But when he was feeding the fish I was getting he also feed a few of the other tanks and one of them had one of the green mandarinfish in it. And let me tell you. I watched this fish eat the frozen food. So If you have wanted one of these fish but was always afraid of it not eating n your tank, the one i saw was for a fact eating frozen food.

Is that really rare? My green mandarin is eating frozen brine. He eats slowly though. It's like he has to stalk it before he eats it.

I was at the store yesterday and although it is small by comparison to ARC and Tek, it is very clean. The tanks all look good with lots of coraline and the prices are pretty much in line with others in the area.