Largest tank?

Robb in Austin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Discount has the aquarium?

The one on Anderson Lane close to N Lamar. I think to some degree they are still letting it 'grow' but when I was there they did have a good sized Vlamingi ? Tang and a number of other occupants. Right now it is primarily fish. Seems I did see a few shrooms or nems. It's definitely a biggie though.

Bill

that tank in discount electronics must be new because i just recently (4-5 months ago) installed new countertops for thier laptop bar. i deffinatly would have noticed a massive salt tank!

there's an 800g inwall fish only tank at the top of the hilton condos downtown. i was working in the guys condo and he was telling my how it cost him a small fortune to set it up. it was full of giant plastic cup sponges and stuff. there's also a 150 softie tank in the room behind the reception desk in the hilton condos.

there's also a pretty big soft coral tank in the office building at the north west corner of spicwood springs and mopac. its a black granite building and you can just walk in there and check it out cause its on the ground floor mezanine. there's nobody there to stop you. the tanks probably 100-120 or something?

i also came across a really nice 100 in a plastic surgery office in the medical offices at lamar and medical pkwy. the guy has this really unique white leather thats "supposedly" supposed to be one of the last of its kind. he's donated a bunch of it to various public aquariums for efforts to keep it alive. the tank is another soft coral tank, but this one has the biggest shrooms ive ever seen! its really nice!

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I bet it was a sad day in SA. So did he sell everything off, or is he planning on starting back up in the future. I assume it was because he has the small children?

So who is running MAAST now, BigBird123 by himself?

Stephen

Yeah, he sold it all off. Fairly quickly it seemed too. He did donate quite a bit of stuff(fish, some non-photosynthetic corals) to Sea World so if you go and see something you recognize... The only thing left is the solar tubes. :(

He said it was time to focus on the family and do some traveling.

Here is a link to his tread on MAAST:

http://www.maast.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48053&page=29

There is more info on his RC thread, but RC is DOA right now so I can't link you.

I'm pretty sure he stepped down from the BOD last year. Looks like they have a good size group of folks running the show though.

• 2 weeks later...

i happened to swing by Discount Electronics today and snapped some pics:

http://www.austinree...album&album=132

the guy i asked there confirmed it was done by kingfish in the last couple of months, and said it was something like 750g.

When I try to follow the above link, I get the following error:

[#107140] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

at the top in the banner, click on Gallery, then click on Members Gallery, then hopefully you will see Discount Electronics Tank

or you could click on my pic/profile, then go to Gallery

this is what i get

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#107140] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Useful Links

Ah, I think I see the problem. The album is marked private.

In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the drop down box with your user name and select "My Gallery".

On that page click "Edit My Albums" on the left side.

For your Discount Electronic album, click on the drop box and select "Edit".

Click on the "Public Album" check box and then click on "Edit Album" button.

This should make it viewable to the public. (It doesn't look like I can do it for you)

Archived