Carpet Anemones

renman303

I have a Green Carpet Anemone that I've had for a few years. My three clowns love it and ignore the BTA completely. Question is; does anyone else out there have a Carpet and have you had any problems with it eating other inhabitants? I lost a small Naso Tang with half his face chewed off by crabs but thought perhaps he was stung then died on the other side of the tank? Now, I'm not so sure??? That Anemone is sooooo sticky when it grabs something it's nearly impossible for the victim to escape. It latched onto a big Tuxedo Urchin about 6 months ago that stumbled into it and the urchin lost about 1/3 of it's feelers/spines. It survived and is well again. Yesterday, my Green Algae Urchin stumbled into the wrong hood and was dead! I had to try for about 5 minutes to free it.

Not sure what to do with this Anemone? It's huge...about 9-10" across. Beautiful animal...but deadly!post-155-12473266544874_thumb.jpg

Moved him to my sump until he goes. Now my three clowns are looking for another home and can't seem to see the BTA that is only 12" away! I've even rearranged the rock so that the BTA was more visible! They keep clinging to the spot in the sand where the Carpet was attached to the LR.

Especially clowns... Jesus Christ my clowns are stupid. I think my live rock is smarter.

First they hosted in a hammer coral. Ended up tearing the coral up enough that i had to frag it to save what was left. They flipped over the acrylic tent I had the coral in and just loved the frag till it melted away.

Then they started to host in a feather duster. The feather duster would pull in and they would just look at it stupidly.

Then on to a green mushroom which was OK until my rose 'nem decided he liked where the mushroom was so I moved the rock. Now they can't find him and I fragged that mushroom anyways.

Lately they have been trying to host in a batch of paly's I have. Don't think that will last too long either.

All this with a perfectly fine Rose anemone just sitting there waiting to be hosted in...

I love bob and bobette and all but man are they stupid.

My false percs could care less about hosting but I have had true percs in the past that loved their anemone. I also have a maroon in another tank that has always happily hosted.