premium member?

dustint21

Dustin - Funny you would mention this because I was going to try to start a mini thread every few months to encourage people to join, since I have no direct vested interest in ARC. I'm sure someone else will jump in but I know this allows you to edit posted messages, (without having to just put them in a new 'reply', I believe you can upload more pix, might get a little more storage? and can start threads in the non reef related classifieds. There are probably other things, but to me the most important one is just to support ARC. I'm sure now having 4 sponsors helps some but year in and year out Andrew pays out of his pocket if membership and sponsors don't cover the cost of the web site. I asked him once and he wouldn't say but judging by the relatively small amount of '+' signs I see on the board at any given time, I suspect this has happened fairly regularly. And if by chance he does make a few dollars I think it is very well earned for creating and supporting our own little 'don't have to pay to say' website. I know he has also mentioned that if we ever get to the point that we are ever making any money, to speak of, he would also like to help subsidize the meetings in some form or fashion.

All this great service AND KARMA is yours for a pitance of $10 a year. How can you too participate? Well..... I don't know. It used to be easily found in the upper left corner of the old 'skin'. I'm sure someone will lead you in the right direction though.

Bill

Thanks Bill! The app that integrates with this forum software is not yet updated to the new code. It will be soon though. I am already playing with beta versions. When it's ready it will appear as a green tab.

post-3-12472277096316_thumb.jpg

In the meantime you can send $10 via paypal to this address and I will manually upgrade your account. Just be sure to put your screen name in the notes section.

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

I know I saved more than the membership cost over a year just in glass shrimp.

25 Shrimp * .20 a shrimp per week at aquatec = $5 * 52 = $260 in shrimp per year. - member discount at aquatec of 10% = 26$

Not to mention unlimited PMs, editing your posts, other vendor discounts, group buy services, people buying and selling used equipment here where I can pick up local, **** cheap corals from members.

Your just crazy if you don't want to chip in 10$ to keep this community running if you are an austin reefer. Its a great service and to be honest I probably would have gotten out of the hobby by now if it wasn't for it. The costs would have driven me insane.

Andrew... fine job.

• Like 1

i am gonna do it right now.i think about it alot and never remember when i am online.this group has helped me more than anything else.to go from a 55 gallon with hang on everything and only 10-15 lbs of live rock to a 92 gallon with over 20 sps in a years time.i could never have done it without advice from this site,knowledge and friendship from people i met here,and great deals on used equipment and livestock from people here.so thanks andrew and i am sending my tiny little $10.lol.also i build stands and canopy's and things for people.so as soon as i get my dba or llc i am gonna look into sponsorship.

• 4 weeks later...