Zoo pox?

One of the frags I got from the frag swap is a great red people eater. One of the polyps has a single white spot that has developed in the last day. How do I tell if it is the dreaded zoo pox and what should I do if it is? I just see one white round spot maybe 1/8 inch on one polyp.

After getting some more research in I don't think it is zoa pox. More of a panic. The white spot is on the disc, not on the stalk. Still wondering what it is though and its nice to know i can save them if I end up with a problem sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Zoa pox look just like white measles on the stalk of the polyp. Dipping with the Furan2 is best and works fairly well. In our research, one guy even used a soft toothbrush and removed them that way....I don't have that kind of patients or time.

So a week or so after, It was not zoo pox. I did end up doing a freshwater dip with iodine but i think it was uneccisarry. The frag went from a very high light to my power compacts in very short order and I think this was the reason for the color shift. It just happened to happen in spots. The downside is that the entire RPE frag is still red but is almost translucent. The same thing happened with a green hairy mushroom i picked up at the frag swap but I wish that mushroom would stay the same color. Its a sea green and you can just barely see the rock through it under the shroom. Other than the clolor both frags are looking healthy as can be.

I picked up a MH lamp this last weekend and the color is starting to return to the zoos some already.

After looking up how zoo's and mushrooms color morph I almost want to set up a set of experiments with various light levels but thats for when i have a lot more money. :)