Hagen tanks? gallery of pets?

Mouse

Hi,

Does anyone here own a Hagen tank? I am thinking about getting a hagen osaka from gallery of pets in North Austin. The tank comes with T5 light, heater, Hagen filter, stand for about $800... 70 gallon.

Anyone have any experience with gallery of pets? Can I trust what they tell me or are they salesmen?

Are those Hagen tanks good? What about the filters?

Mind you I am setting up a freshwater tank.

Also on their tanks they have rounded corners.. I heard was reading that rounded corners are bad and that the slightest touch could cause them to fracture. Is this something I should be worrying about or have they fixed this problem?

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by Mouse

Hi,

Does anyone here own a Hagen tank? I am thinking about getting a hagen osaka from gallery of pets in North Austin. The tank comes with T5 light, heater, Hagen filter, stand for about $800... 70 gallon.

Anyone have any experience with gallery of pets? Can I trust what they tell me or are they salesmen?

Are those Hagen tanks good? What about the filters?

Mind you I am setting up a freshwater tank.

Also on their tanks they have rounded corners.. I heard was reading that rounded corners are bad and that the slightest touch could cause them to fracture. Is this something I should be worrying about or have they fixed this problem?

Thanks,

Aaron

I don't know anything about the tank but know at least a little about the rest, but you will need to supply a little more info. What kind of T5 is it - tubes, length, watts - Filter is a HOB or a canister and what size - doesn't matter much but what size type of heater is it - if it is a clamp on I would say that is a bad sign for the quality of the 'system'. Is all this stuff a generic Hagen - Hagen makes AquaClear, Fluval (and Laguna).

Bill

I would think you could piece that setup together for under $800, especially if you kept your eye out and picked up a good used tank for cheap. But it also could cost way more it just depends on the details with this tank. As far as the rounded corners go, the only issue I ever had was keeping them clean. Unfortunately, I never found a cleaner made for rounded corners so I usually had to manually reach in the tank and scrub.

I agree with Ric, Gallery tends to be fairly pricey, particularly on aquarium supplies. We buy bird supplies from them (actually bought one of our birds from them) and I like the people, but you can definitely find better prices on aquarium supplies.

I looked at 1 of these one time. I think the bottom was drilled and plumbed to a canister filter under the stand. The light is a T5HO 2 bulb GLO light. I also thing it is all acrylic. I would check into the Red Sea Max tank that came out not to long ago for the that kinda money. I would personally Find a 75 gallon glass tank and get everything for 1/2 the price you would spend on that setup. JMO! Good luck!

Dustin