auto top off wanted

generatorx

Listen to AZ. My skimmer has never worked better and the stuff I had to by to make a cabinet to hide my top off tank( gotta keep the boss happy) cost more than my top off unit. Works GREAT!

And if you read the JBJ instructions, it says NOT to mount it under your tank due to the temps and moisture. Not bad advice for any electronic item, but you'd think if this was an aquarium product, they'd consider that it will be close to water.

• 2 weeks later...

It'll fit just fine in the return chamber. I'm running one in my bc 29 and and love it.

On another note do check it every day (I presume you check your pumps ect anyway. I've got these on two tanks and about once a month or so one will stick and need to be cleaned. (monthly cleanings should be part of your maintenance anyway).

Russell

It'll fit just fine in the return chamber. I'm running one in my bc 29 and and love it.

On another note do check it every day (I presume you check your pumps ect anyway. I've got these on two tanks and about once a month or so one will stick and need to be cleaned. (monthly cleanings should be part of your maintenance anyway).

Russell

Do you have the snail guard on yours? I do and I've never had it stick from a snail or algae/dirty etc. Perhaps the guard keeps the light out of there so junk can't grow on it.

Do you have the snail guard on yours? I do and I've never had it stick from a snail or algae/dirty etc. Perhaps the guard keeps the light out of there so junk can't grow on it.

Sorry should have been clearer it happened once, been cleaning the equipment regularly since and haven't had any issues. When it did happen just tapping cleared the issue. It does have a snail guard and I checked it later and it looked like it might have been salt build up but nothing conclusive.