HELP, Sick puffer AND lionfish

KaceyJ

I have had my puffer and lionfish in a hospital tank for about 3-4 weeks now. I had been treating them for ick with a non copper based product, and then thought they were better, watched them for a few more days, and then they got MUCH worse. they are COVERED in spots, and it looks like the lion is shedding slime all the time. they were eating yesterday, but not today.

gallery_834_101_682808.jpg

gallery_834_101_2188598.jpg

I'm wondering if a fresh water dip would help...or if it's too late in the stage? I dipped my last week when he broke out with it...the fourth attempt at one. It's been over a week and he's eating (had stopped before the dip) and only a couple of spots.

Dena

about 1.019. I do not think the puffer is going to make it :o. the lion lost a lot of his spots after this last fresh water dip. I will see how they are in the morning. cross your fingers.

the lion is still hanging in. it looks as if the "spots" did a number on his fins. he has multiple holes in them. eyes are a little "filmy". yes, my puffer was my pet. more than i ever knew a fish could be. i mean, i have tangs and other fish that recognize me, and swim at me, but usually expecting food. kinda like a cat. my puffer on the other hand, would actually try to get my attention for more than just food. anytime i would reach into the tank for maintenance and fragging, there he would be. rubbing up and down my hand.

YeS, I am hessitant to get any more fish. Definitely none for a few weeks for sure. My hospital tank is a wreck, and I dare not put anything else in the display tank for a long while.