Need advice

dapettit

I have to send my contoller in for repair. they will not send me a loaner unit. I'm ok with the lighitng. My only concern is temp control. Any ideas?

Dave-

Dave,

I'm assuming your controller turns your chiller on and off, so you are worried about the tank getting to warm. Is my assumption correct? If so, there are a number of things you could do to keep the temp down for a little while.

I believe one of the major reasons he got RK2 was to control the temp. which has the ability to shut off each light when it reaches a given temp. Also the fans are being control by it to keep it stable. Am I right on the money, Dave?

-Cindy-

I believe one of the major reasons he got RK2 was to control the temp. which has the ability to shut off each light when it reaches a given temp. Also the fans are being control by it to keep it stable. Am I right on the money, Dave?

-Cindy-

you're right cindy.

Dave, the only thing I could suggest is timers. It isn't a precise as a controller, but its better than you sitting around baby sitting it for a month till they send you the RK2 back.

The answer is yes the controller runs the lights, fans and heater.

I have 2 timers (not sure if one works) so my lights are ok. I'll just cut back the photo period for a couple of days to a week depending on how long they have the unit. All my fans have been wired into a four way outlet with the power coming from the contoller. I can monitor the temp hourly and turn on fans is needed.

What do you guys think of the plan?

The unit will be sent out Monday as I am hosting a beautiful acan until Saturday.

Archived