What pump would you use

dapettit

I am currently running a Mag7 in my sump for the past year or so. I've noticed that it runs hot. I didn't take notice until my tank temps started running between 80-82 degrees during the hot humid days. I have purchased a clip on fan I will add to the sump today. I also have a cooling fan running across my PFO dual ballast. The only ting I noticed with the livestock is not polyp extension (perhaps they are waiting until I am asleep to show themselves). The tank is 150 gallons along with a 50 gallon sump - rocks, etc, I'm guessing around 180 gallon total water capacity.

I understand investing in a chiller would be the answer but there are two reasons for not purchasing one.

1. Wife said NO!

2. see #1

I've been looking at the Ehiem pumps. Since I am using flex tube for my plumping I need something I will not have to dial back. The pump also needs to be submersible.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dave-

ok...what do you mean by "internal" or "external"? By "internal" I meant inside the sump...submersed... :huh:

As far as how I've got the flex tubing attached, pretty sure it's just 3/4" spa flex hose with a clamp...I can get a pic tonight if needed.

I have the Eheim 1262 full submersed w/flexible hose attached and I don't have any issues.

Even though I have flex tubing, I still put in a "T" fitting and dialed it back some.

The 1262 is equal to a mag 9, and with your tank, I'd think you would be fine with the extra flow.

The 1260 = Mag 7 if you wanted to keep your flow output the same.

I've seen your sump sevearl time and never noticed the T. Got pics? If this will work I quess I'll be looking for a used one.

look up that guy who was selling that tank a couple weeks back. HE had a 1262. I think his name was "Al " something.

I have the Eheim 1262 full submersed w/flexible hose attached and I don't have any issues.

Even though I have flex tubing, I still put in a "T" fitting and dialed it back some.

The 1262 is equal to a mag 9, and with your tank, I'd think you would be fine with the extra flow.

The 1260 = Mag 7 if you wanted to keep your flow output the same.

I replaced a Mag 9 with the 1262 and I had to dial it back to match the flow. The Mag 9 was running full blast and the overflow kept up fine. With the 1262 I had to throw in a ball valve and dial it back a little or the overflow couldn't keep up.

Curious about the T fitting, though...what are you doing with that?

If you want a pump that is dead silent, consumes almost no energy and runs very cool look into the Red Dragon pumps. I have one for return and one running my skimmer and they're freaking awesome!

If you want a pump that is dead silent, consumes almost no energy and runs very cool look into the Red Dragon pumps. I have one for return and one running my skimmer and they're freaking awesome!

The Eheim is **** near silent compared to my Mag 9

bein unemployed really makes keeping up with hobby hard but WE are DOING IT!

mow lawns...the grass is growing...

oh, wait...I forgot about your neighborhood. That market is probably saturated. :huh:

Yet another that adores their Eheim 1262. It's what I use on a 75g.

Our 125 used 2 1262's for return. I own way more Eheim eqpt than I like to admit. I even use a 1262 to mix my salt water and then push it to the tank.

Archived