Marine ick?

mFrame

So last week I noticed two white dots on my coral beauty. They are on the top edge of its dorsal fin and tail, which seemed like odd placement for a parasite (rather than attaching to sides, etc). At times the dots will appear longer, but then the next day shorter. No new dots have appeared and these two don't seem to move.

So then Friday I noticed one of my ocellaris clowns had a small slimy white "trail" on his tail about the middle. When I got home that night it was gone.

This morning my other clown has two slimy white trails on her tail.

Is this marine ick? I read the article posted here about how to treat it, but want to make sure that is what this is. Ideas?

Added notes: the clownfish do not have "salt granules" or specs on their body like all the pictures of ich that I've found. On both clowns it appeared as a "white slime" trailing off their tails. It makes me think possibly it's an irritant causing them to slough off some of their slime coat. Both of them have been trying to host in my torch coral, and I'm wondering if that is their issue.

The coral beauty just has the two white specs exactly on the edge of its top fin and tail. Not off center, no spots on body, and no spots on gills.

All fish are acting normal, swimming around, eating fine, and are not brushing against rocks or other aquarium fixtures.

Unable to add pics because both clowns were clean last evening and remain so today. I'll keep watching them and snap a pic if/when it happens again.

Coral beauty still has two white dots (no more), and they look just like the pods that are on my aquarium glass. Will try to snap a pic when it quits being shy.