pearly jawfish needs a new home

janky jameson

I have a 2.5 inch pearly jawfish that is not getting the attention it deserves. It is currently living in a 10gal w/a 4 inch sandbed, but I think it would appreciate a slightly larger tank. It is in relatively good health, no visible parasites, etc. but it is pretty skinny. I think this is a fish that needs multiple small feedings a day, which I have not been able to provide. I'm willing to trade corals or fish for this guy, but the most important thing to me really is that I find a home for it where it will receive the attention it deserves. I've had this fish for over a year; it's a beautiful fish, and honestly, I feel kinda bad not being able to fully provide for it due to the 2 other reef systems I am running. So I'm kinda just trying to hook him up with a cushy new situation :D anybody looking for a new pet? I'd say it needs at least a 5 inch sandbed to be completely happy (rockwork should be built up from the bottom of the glass so that it can build tunnels), and I think a 20tall or slightly larger tank would be great as long as there aren't many other tankmates. It's living with a 2inch yasha goby/pistol shrimp right now, and they are all peaceful with each other. Email me if you want pictures, and I'll try and get a good one next feeding time.

I've been thinking about getting this one or a blue spotted jawfish for a while. I've got about a 4 and 1/2 inch sand bed right now in a 75 Gallon that I have had cycled for a while and just added a couple fish. I'm highly interested.

Archived