Advice on tank additions

mFrame

My items from Reef Kingdom came in and I'm looking for advice. 6 polyps of Green Crystal Snowflake Cloves and 1 head of Blastomussa Merletti. Acclimated and added to the tank Wed night and neither shows any signs of opening. I placed the cloves at the bottom on the sand in moderate flow and light. I can see the cloves but they aren't opened. The blasto still looks like a chunk of rock with a bright green center, but not seeing any real polyp extension on it. I had it on the sand for the first day, moved it higher up on my LR last night.

Any advice on how to encourage these guys to open? Everything else in the tank is open and happy.

My items from Reef Kingdom came in and I'm looking for advice. 6 polyps of Green Crystal Snowflake Cloves and 1 head of Blastomussa Merletti. Acclimated and added to the tank Wed night and neither shows any signs of opening. I placed the cloves at the bottom on the sand in moderate flow and light. I can see the cloves but they aren't opened. The blasto still looks like a chunk of rock with a bright green center, but not seeing any real polyp extension on it. I had it on the sand for the first day, moved it higher up on my LR last night.

Any advice on how to encourage these guys to open? Everything else in the tank is open and happy.

We got those same blastos from the first group order and they opened up after a day or two. We've had blastos before, so we kind of knew where they like it in the tank. We have ours about 2 feet down from the light but in direct light, no shadowing. They also like a good amount of flow. Give it a couple of days, especially since you've been moving them around. As for the clove polyps, I would assume that they are a cross between zoas and xenia. When we first got our xenia, it stayed closed for several days before it started showing any signs of opening. Again, just give it a couple of days. If you see them start to melt, then you should worry.

Both of these, in our experience, require decent flow, direct lighting with a position in the bottom half of the tank to be happy. Best of luck.