what a waste

AndrewT

35 bucks for my fire fish and pearly jaw... Fire fish jumped out of the tank found him behind the tank tonight. jawfish hasnt been seen in three days. i know hes in there cause he made a burrow in my sand bed but he wont come out :lol: I figured id barley see the jawfish but still figured hed come out more.

Edited by AndrewT

We had three fire fish in our tank and they all stayed in, even when the fan fell in. Ha!

Wow...I figured that'd be enough to have them jump out. I would have. Perhaps the power knocked them out of their sense tho...

Wow...I figured that'd be enough to have them jump out. I would have. Perhaps the power knocked them out of their sense tho...

I don't know because when I took all the liverock out of the tank, they were all underneath the pieces at the very bottom. Maybe they do better if they are in schools...

never saw my jawfish for 3 weeks now i see him rarely, sometimes he does free swim, he has tunnels in the whole tank

My jawfish used to always come out and swim freely. That was until my evil Lawnmower bleenie decided to kill him. I think he is now wanting to kill my sleeper gobie. redrum

It might be too late for this, but for my jawfish, I put a 4" piece of PVC pipe in the front of my tank near some live rock. When I added him to the tank, I released him near the pipe, and he has lived in it every since. He adds shells and rocks inside of it to make it smaller. This way, I see him all the time. The past few days he has been excavating more sand, so I think he is borrowing under the live rock (which is sitting on the tank bottom .. I pre-planned for having a jawfish :) ). I have seen fancier designs where people glue shells to the entrance of the pipe to hide it more.

Here is a pic of him. You can only see part of the pipe.

IMG_1061.JPG