We got kids

GKarshens

Some may have noticed I have not been on a lot lately. My wife and I have been going through the process to do foster to adopt through the state. Well we got 2 beautiful little girls early in the week. I cannot post pics online sorry. Just thought I would give a heads up. So you may not see me as much for a while! :lol:

cool.gif Very very cool indeed! Best of luck on the start of your new parenting journey! It takes special people to do what you are doing.

Please do share what you can, when you can, and when your adoption process goes through, it will be family picnic time!

-Paul

Wonderful news and I wish you the best of luck! How hard was the process by the way? Did they have a lot of restrictions/rules?

Much different, but hubby and I would like to adopt a child from China when we are ready. I have friends and co-workers that have done this so there is a lot of support. I'm actually ready, but nothing else in our lives is. I need to reduce the amount of dogs we have first...anyone want to adopt a Rottweiler? LOL.

Dena

The process is long but not hard. There are a lot of rules about how the kids are taken care of once you get them. If you do straight adopt then those don't apply. You still have to go through all the training and certification no matter where you adopt from. We had looked into foreign adoption but it is SO expensive. By doing it through the state it is a little harder but it is free for the most part. If you really want more info PM me your # and I will tell you all I can.

We have 3 dogs by the way and the girls love them.

Congratulations! These little girls are going to be happy. Having the sense of "belonging" to a family, believe me, means a lot to a child.....and they will know it....and you will see it. Take lots of pictures.....wait, I don't have to remind you of that, do I. LOL