****, there goes my plans for a tank upgrade

pbnj

I am getting a new roof next week, I hope. I am waiting on an insurance check. There are roofers who will do it for what the insurance pays and leave you a bit of change besides.

Spend some $ on the vividaquariums group order!!!

Your insurance company should pay for it. You just have to pay your deductible. On a related note, there are roofing companies that charge you insurance more and give you money back to possibly cover deductibles. Sometimes they give you more money than the deductible or so they claim. Most roofing companies will give you a free estimate that you can compare to your insurance's quote. The difference is what you might get back from the roofing company. I say might because I have never done this myself but it is what some of the roofing companies have told me.

Edited by austinaquaman

1%? Seriously? Heck a whole new roof is generally less than $10K. What is that, $100?

I'm at a loss. As was pointed out many repair companies will help offset the cost of deductible. You want something to gripe about, try buying a totally renovated home only to find out the that the house is sinking. I'm going to be out close to $20K, yet I keep right on building my 400g tank. Oh and insurance won't cover that. At least you can use your insurance.

Roofs are easy to repair, I just put one on my shed. If all it needs is some new shingles it won't take much to repair it.

Not to sure why you'd let such a little thing cause you a set back. Chin up, do them both.

1%? Seriously? Heck a whole new roof is generally less than $10K. What is that, $100?

I'm at a loss. As was pointed out many repair companies will help offset the cost of deductible. You want something to gripe about, try buying a totally renovated home only to find out the that the house is sinking. I'm going to be out close to $20K, yet I keep right on building my 400g tank. Oh and insurance won't cover that. At least you can use your insurance.

Roofs are easy to repair, I just put one on my shed. If all it needs is some new shingles it won't take much to repair it.

Not to sure why you'd let such a little thing cause you a set back. Chin up, do them both.

$100? I wish.

Try 1% of coverage, i.e., $6K.