Dosing with Epsom Salt

dapettit

I've been dosing with Epsom Salt to raise my magnisum levels for about a year now. I was mixing a batch tonight and it dawned on me that I was adding 1 gallon of RO/DI to my tank.

So my question is, if dosing anything usinsg RO/DI water do I need to worry about my salinity? I'm thinking now since my system is 180 galons including the Sump/refugium. Another option would be to pour into my top of container. . .

Thanks in advance.

Dave-

Hey Dave - depending upon the strength and amount of the solution you are using to dose, you are probably changing the salinity of the water very little. You are, however, changing the composition of the dissolved salts in the water, which is the whole point.

Dose in RO/DI water, and make sure you do regular water changes to avoid long term, but possibly massive changes in the composition of your seawater.

-Paul

I've been dosing with Epsom Salt to raise my magnisum levels for about a year now. I was mixing a batch tonight and it dawned on me that I was adding 1 gallon of RO/DI to my tank.

So my question is, if dosing anything usinsg RO/DI water do I need to worry about my salinity? I'm thinking now since my system is 180 galons including the Sump/refugium. Another option would be to pour into my top of container. . .

Thanks in advance.

Dave-