polyp labs reef roids???

AndrewT

does anyone use this? i was going to go buy some to see if i could squeeze a little more growth out of my corals. how well does it work? worth going and buying?

I have it and use it. Bruce @ Aquatek swears by it.

I can't say I've seen huge growth because of it, but when I feed it, my LPS throw their tentacles out in full display.

Reefchili is pretty much the same thing from what I understand and more affordable.

I am using the polyps lab stuff now. I both target feed with it, and periodically just toss some in when the pumps are on. With the pumps on, I do see my gorgonians and sun coral capturing it and eating it.

Edited by seahorsejl

how are you all target feeding it? I have a large turkey baster that I was going to use to suck up the reefroids/water mixture, but I have a hard time getting the reef roids to get submerged. Mostly it just floats on the top of the water.

how are you all target feeding it? I have a large turkey baster that I was going to use to suck up the reefroids/water mixture, but I have a hard time getting the reef roids to get submerged. Mostly it just floats on the top of the water.

That is how I target feed. I take some tank water, add the roids to it and let them soak for about 5 minutes (I am normally thawing mysis at the same time). Then I use a turkey baster to feed the critters.