Aquarium Update

chark

Pictures do no justice to his tank! The color he gets from his lighting is AMAZING! Tank looks GREAT Cecil. :lol:

P.S. I'm still in love with your Cali. Tort :)

-Brooks

EDIT:LOL! Terminator Mandarin!

Edited by Little_Reef

Using 10 48' T5's.

Now see here is somebody that actually understands how to use T5 lights.

You always hear about somebody thinking that 3 T5's is plenty for their 75g tank.....

Looks nice.

5Have you priced out how much more expensive it will be to replace 10 T5 bulbs rather than a couple of halides?

Glad to see you posted some tank pics. Looks real nice.....I like the frag shelf you got on the back. You can barely tell and it blends in w/the rest of the aquascape. The build up of the frag rack....did you posted it somewhere else? I think I saw something similar, maybe yours ^_^ ?

-Cindy-

Now see here is somebody that actually understands how to use T5 lights.

You always hear about somebody thinking that 3 T5's is plenty for their 75g tank.....

Looks nice.

5Have you priced out how much more expensive it will be to replace 10 T5 bulbs rather than a couple of halides?

Mike I don't think people now days use T5 lighting because it's cheaper. Frankly T5 lighting is far better than M.H. IMO for a many reasons. Less heat, lower electric bills, even light distribution over each coral, more options for color combos, etc, etc. I don't even miss the shimmer anymore. ^_^

Cecil- Thanks for posting pictures of your awesome tank man. One more year and this tank will be way over the top. My only crituque would be adjusting the exposure when you're taking pictures. They seem just a little on the "washed out" side to me which will make you colors look faded. It took me years of pratice and I'm still not very good. Keep up the good work.

Clint

Clint I agree and disagree. With his light being 10x probably 40w that is still 400w of electricity. It does make for a good spread of light but I'e also read that 10x T5 would equal to the same amount of heat created from 2x 250 halides. It's just that most people were trying to use way to few T5 lights to run their tank with.

That's why I gave him props for using that many.

All I asked was "how much will all those bulbs cost?"

Using 48 inch bulbs, wouldn't that be 10 X 54 = 540 watts? Also, in one of the articles that was published on here a month or so ago. the writer said that people were getting too hung up on wattage. What is really critical is (and forgive me if I misremember this) PAR. His article said that light penetration was far more important. Can we get that article reposted?