Complete Disaster

ysanford

Yasmin - Reeaaally sorry to hear about you and Kaylon's bad fortune. It had to be a terrible visual. It sounds like the ARC is here to support you, especially Ryan. Hope things work out well and quickly. Let me know if I can help.

Bill

Thank you again everyone. We can't express enough how much your words and offers for help really mean to us. We just finished taking out all the rock and the good news is that the engineer goby was still alive! We took the advice of fishypets and are now cooking the live rock. The goby is in the bin with all the liverock and he seems to be okay from what we can see. All the hermits seem to have made it as well. We are trying to stay positive; this was just a hard lesson to learn.

So here is a quick update. We've moved and our tank is up and running! Since we had ordered some corals a few days before the tank disaster, I couldn't hold off delivery any longer and received the shipment today. Everything seems to be doing fine and the engineer goby has started making his little home in the sand bed. Now, it's time to start populating again. If anyone has any extra red sea pom pom xenia or gsp they would like to frag out, please let us know. We are also looking for other corals as well, so just PM us with what you have. I would love to get a crocea clam! We will be at the meeting on Saturday, so we can get it from you there to make it easier on everyone.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can find the camera :lol:

Not sure if you are interest but I have some birds nest and several colors of Monti caps. LMK

Dave-

Yeah, we would be. Just let me know how much you're asking. We are getting some green monti this weekend, but if you have any purple or red, that would be cool.

Sorry for your loss. LMK when you have your tank back up, I should have a frag or two for you.

Also, thanks for posting this. I had seen people talk about using GFCIs, but you always think that it would never happen. Your tragedy made up my mind, next task on setting up my new tank, install GFCI. Just looked a DIY page and for the amount of work required to install one, no question it is worth it. Again, sorry that this happened to you.

So after some generous donations and a couple of impulse buys from the LFS, our tank is finally starting to look alive again. Check out the pics. All of our levels are perfect and everything seems to be liking the new setup just fine. I think we might like it this way better. Ha! Let us know what you think.

You can see the canopy that we just finished too. We still need to do some work on it, but hey, it does the job for now ^_^

post-780-1240200109_thumb.jpg

post-780-1240200174_thumb.jpg

You're just jealous of our clowns cuz they are prettier than yours! Ha! Hey, thanks again for being our coral hospital. Everything is opening back up and the clowns have taken back their little corner in the tank. Everything seems to be happy. ^_^

don't take this the wrong way but....I am sooo glad to have my tank space back (and the use of my mag float!)...and your **** clowns out of my fuge....copeapod munching ********

hahahahaha your funny captin

it was nice meeting you guys last night, the corals we got are open and doing good.

It was nice to meet you as well. If you have anything else that you are willing to part with, just PM. We would be more than interested!