Heater Recommendations

mikemcd

Anyone--

Please recommend the best brand of heater for saltwater or reef aquariums. It seems like any brand I've used (e.g. hydor, ebo, stealth) I've had problems with. I do have a couple of heaters (I think they are titanium brand) that seem the most dependable.

Any input is appreciated.

Michael McDermott

I've used a few and I keep going back to Ebo Jager. I was confused for awhile because the first one I purchased I remember it was fully submersible, but I recently purchased two new ones for my 180, and they have a line present on how far they can be submerged. Maybe I could be wrong, but no issues thus far.

Overall, I've had no issues with the ones I've owned and overall have been the most reliable.

What's the coldest it gets in your house? All I ever read on these reef websites is how large temperature swings will affect your tank inhabitants. I guess maybe I have misinterpreted this in the past. I don't use a real accurate thermometer since its just the stick on type, but the temperature can vary a few to several degrees I guess. For example, right now since the weather is relatively nice my house in basically no heat or cool and just open windows during day when it gets warm, but the temp will vary during the day and I've seen the tank get up to around 80 or so in the day.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Michael McDermot