Never seen so many pods!

Capt. Obvious

Well this evening I turned off my return pump and powerheads for a few min. for some sump maintenance and trying to locate a lost fish (whom i never found) and to my shock and surprise upon turning everything back on I couldn't see through the glass!

It as milky... it was covered (and I mean covered) with copeapods! once the pumps and powerheads kicked into full gear it started blasting them off the glass but it was quite a sight for a good 20-30 second.

on a side note a think my bangaii cardinal is either in my overflow or was eaten by my massive carpet anemone ...which would make fish #3 he has eaten...

What did you do to get so many pods going?

Stephen

Well this evening I turned off my return pump and powerheads for a few min. for some sump maintenance and trying to locate a lost fish (whom i never found) and to my shock and surprise upon turning everything back on I couldn't see through the glass!

It as milky... it was covered (and I mean covered) with copeapods! once the pumps and powerheads kicked into full gear it started blasting them off the glass but it was quite a sight for a good 20-30 second.

on a side note a think my bangaii cardinal is either in my overflow or was eaten by my massive carpet anemone ...which would make fish #3 he has eaten...

What did you do to get so many pods going?

Stephen

if I knew that I'd be selling books! :D

it may have something to do with the fact there is only 5 fish in a 120 gallon tank and it is a "well fed" tank so predadation is reduced greatly. it has been up for roughly a month or so (was my replacement for my cracked 135) ...established rock and sand..."new" water (well new a month ago) ... and I am agressively skimming...which makes me wonder how many more there would be if I wasn't skimming so vigorously

Archived