Laziness is the mother of invention :)

classclownfish

Instead of carrying a jug from my RODI unit in my laundry closet to fill my salt water tank I ran a 20ft tube from the unit to the tank. Gotta love apartment living. :( This also allows me to add water at a slower rate instead of dumping a 5g jug of fresh water into the sump all at once.

post-482-1236746111_thumb.jpg

No pump. The output tube from the RODI unit is inserted into the long plastic tubing. I set the tubing to be going from high to low to utilize gravity. It worked out incredibly well considering the flow from the RODI is relatively slow. This not only allowed me to fill the sump slower making it easier on the system but prevented me from overflowing buckets which I *clears throat* occasionally do when refilling my 5g top off jug. :(

What kind of pump is pumping that distance?

Neither. Just check it now and then. :( My sump seems to evaporate pretty fast and I have enough free room above where I usually fill the return chamber that unless I fell asleep while it was filling that way I should be fine.

Do you have timer that will shut off the RO/DI unit or do you have a Auto topoff installed in your sump?

Well I have lived here 2 years with no issues. ;-) Also I would consider it bad design if the laundry closet area of an apartment wasn't designed to hold the weight of a washer and dryer. But that all aside I live on the bottom floor so the washer isn't a deal anyway (not that it should in a laundry area). I have a 70g tank with 90lbs of LR plus a 30g sump/fuge so if anything were to be in my lower neighbors house it would be the tank. But that's why I always live on a bottom floor apartment. :(

I give it 3 months before that washing machine is in the apartment a floor below :) hehe