Nitrate, Nitrite spike

clownmama

Ammonia checks out at 0ppm and

Every one else seems okay, I haven't seen my sixline wrasse yet, I added some biozyme (nitrifying bacteria) and my tank is only 3/4 full as I switched to a bigger one yesterday which I am sure is responsible for the spike) I know a water change would help, but would just adding the last 10-15 gallons make a difference? It would be like doing 25-35% water change

Ammonia 0ppm

Nitrite .5 ppm

Nitrate between 10 and 20 ppm

pH is low at 7.8, so I know I need to bring that up, but thank goodness it is low, or else I probably would have had a crash with the nitrite so high!

Oh, I removed the coral beauty to another tank, and she seems to be doing better, but this is only temporary, as this tank is too small for her, but at least she's not lying on her side and pale any longer.

Thanks,

Candra

Went out for coffee with my friend, When I got home I saw three dead fish and the the other twwo almost dead, I had removed the coral beauty earlier, and removed the two almost dying ones, they are good now in the other tank except they are clowns and not getting along well with the other clowns. I took out 10 gallons of water and then added 20, and I still have the spike, it is not an ideal situation for six fish to be in a 22 gallon tank, but I guess it is better thanuffering in a tank that now needs to finish cycling again. I am thinking about taking all of the LR out of the 22 and putting it in the 45, but that gives my fish now where to hide, I'll have to leave the corals, I am just so upset. Any idea what to do and how long it will take? Also, ammmonia is undetectable in my 14, but it is not finished cycling, so I can't really put anything in there either, meanwhile. Help.

Candra

Went out for coffee with my friend, When I got home I saw three dead fish and the the other twwo almost dead, I had removed the coral beauty earlier, and removed the two almost dying ones, they are good now in the other tank except they are clowns and not getting along well with the other clowns. I took out 10 gallons of water and then added 20, and I still have the spike, it is not an ideal situation for six fish to be in a 22 gallon tank, but I guess it is better thanuffering in a tank that now needs to finish cycling again. I am thinking about taking all of the LR out of the 22 and putting it in the 45, but that gives my fish now where to hide, I'll have to leave the corals, I am just so upset. Any idea what to do and how long it will take? Also, ammmonia is undetectable in my 14, but it is not finished cycling, so I can't really put anything in there either, meanwhile. Help.

Candra

Get the product called stability; any LFS will have it. It is basically all of the cycling bacteria that a tank needs. It tells you to add a certain amount each time that you add fish/livestock. I used it on a new tank with only established live-rock and have had only one fatality and that was due to temperature. I warn you though - you must keep up with the doses for the 7 day duration or your tank will go back to zero.

Get the product called stability; any LFS will have it. It is basically all of the cycling bacteria that a tank needs. It tells you to add a certain amount each time that you add fish/livestock. I used it on a new tank with only established live-rock and have had only one fatality and that was due to temperature. I warn you though - you must keep up with the doses for the 7 day duration or your tank will go back to zero.

Will do, on need to do it for 7 days, and it should help my tank levels go back to normal?

Oh, is it something that they would carry at petco, there isn't a lot for LFS's around here. If Ihave to drive to Temple that's okay though.

Thanks,

Candra