Is this a good tank?

Nathan Explosion

I am wondering if this is a good deal on a 75 gallon tank? Its from glasscages.com all said and done, with shipping to mpls mn, is gonna be $500. So far i think its a good deal, but am i over paying, or is this a cheap set up? need some advice!!!

75 gallon glass tank 48 x 18 x 21 Tall

Reef-Ready

Comes standard with 1 Glass Wall Overflow (located on back panel of aquarium)

Comes standard with 2 holes for the overflow

Add hinged glass tops

Comes with plastic section that can be notched out for extra hoses.

Midsection is two glass panes hinged together.

Comes with handle to easily open hinged half.

Acrylic covers for overflows

Many people prefer to have their overflows covered.

We can provide black plastic acrylic covers that fit your overflow perfectly.

The tops of our covers come notched to help prevent fish from falling in.

Bulkheads for overflows

We can provide you with bulkheads that fit your overflow holes. You do not have to buy them from us but doing so will

make it much easier on you to get the right size bulkheads.

Add to my order 2 bulkheads. Ordering from us will give you the proper bulkheads for each hole that we have predrilled.

If you choose to not buy our bulkheads you will need to know:

The holes are drilled for heavy-duty schedule 80 bulkheads.

The holes are NOT drilled for light-duty schedule 40 bulkheads.

Sump tank

You can purchase an acrylic aquarium sump tank from us. If you purchase ours then you can rest assured that it will fit

inside our stands and be the proper size based on the aquarium you are buying.

Add a 20 Long Acrylic Aquarium Customized Sump Tank [Add $165]

Ordering from us will give you the right sized sump tank based on the aquarium you picked.

Our recommended sump tank (ABOVE) will fit inside our stands to easily conceal it and still be close to the aquarium.

Here is some advice.... dustin21 is selling his 90 gal oceanic tank, stand, canopy, 29 gal sump, and i think return pump for that same price i think. Its a bigger tank more options come with it, and ......... Its right down the road you could have it as soon as you pick it up. look in the for sale thread and you will see it .

Here is some advice.... dustin21 is selling his 90 gal oceanic tank, stand, canopy, 29 gal sump, and i think return pump for that same price i think. Its a bigger tank more options come with it, and ......... Its right down the road you could have it as soon as you pick it up. look in the for sale thread and you will see it .

I am from Minnesota, I think he is from Texas. If not then I would buy it in a heart beat. Thanks for the heads up.

Check your LFS. I got my 90g w/overflows, bulkheads and return pipe (with loc-line) for $290 including tax.

In fact, I don't think I have much over $500 invested in my tank if you take out the lights.

you should be able to do better locally.

I am pretty happy with my Glass Cages tank, but I got it used for a lot less than I would have had to pay GC for new. The build quality is not that great to be honest, but it is solid and well built. They are pretty sloppy with the silicone and the tank is not 100% square. Mine is rimless, so they might be a little better with the normal tanks that have the plastic rim. Anyway I agree with the others. You are basically buying a standard 75g RR tank and it shouldn't be more than $200 IMO. The sump you can make yourself for a lot less than $165.

Your best solution would be to move here and buy dustin21's tank. Even if you don't end up liking the tank, you'll be in Texas! :D

Wow, I am glad that I asked before I went out and purchased it. I will have to take a trip to the "Little Apple" and see what the LFS have to offer. NOBODY in my area offers anything close to what I need. It is true about the temp but last month if I tried to pump the water outside it would of froze in a second, I do crack open the sliding door if iI see my take starting to warm up, but it cools everything down at the same time. I work construction and we saw -53 F with windchill out side in the middle of January!!!! Now we are expected to get 10" of snow today!!! Fun stuff. But anyway thanks for the advice and I will continue my search for the ultimate tank somewhere else.

Edited by Nathan Explosion