Kalk Reactor Driven by Tunze ATO

rosslonghorns

I picked up a used Kalk Reactor today, the Precision Marine. It has the quick connects 1/4" on top. The output from the Tunze is a metric size and is just a bit bigger than 1/4" and barely fits in the connect.

For those of you that use a Kalk Reactor with your Tunze ATO, how do you connect the output from Tunze ATO pump into the Kalk Reactor? Do you use the stock tubing from Tunze and jam it into the fitting or use some kind of metric to 1/4" reducer?

I've used my tunze top off with a kalk reactor. I just jammed the stock tubing in and it never leaked. I think the bigger issue is that the little tunze osmolator is really not powerful enough to use with a kalk reactor. The kalk can create great resistants and you will end up burning out the pump.

I will not be adding Kalk directly to my top off water, but the line will feed from top off reservoir into the Kalk Reactor and then into the system, so the Tunze pump will never touch Kalk.

But as a result of your comment, I'm now thinking about potential siphon back to the Tunze pump from the Kalk Reactor.

I'm guessing I need to put a one way valve between the pump / Kalk Reactor. Do they make ones that fit 1/4 tubing?