filter media

clownmama

long story short I traded a 26 gallon cadlights aquarium for half a dishwasher. I got it today after much fighting and being a b****. Well, it was in deplorable condition, the water parameters were alright, but the condtion of it was horrible, it was FILLED with waste, I did about a 90% water change and ran a hob filter on the back to clear up the water a little bit. Well, it all is crystal clear now. Right now all I have in the back is a floss filter with carbon in it that is catching a lot of crud, but I need to get stuff in the sump. What do you guys use for filtration in your sumps.

Thanks,

Candra

I just want to know which half of the dishwasher they got.

LMAO...me too...hopefully it was the pump...or the heater element...

as for filter media....my overflows are "socked" and my sump has a DSB and live rock for filtration..I also run a phosban reactor and plan on occasionally running a bag of active carbon.......

......and jet dry :) (joking DO NOT PUT JETDRY IN YOUR TANK....I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY)

I have no idea what any of you just said... LOL. I will look around this weekend and see what I can find, or ask at the LFS next time I go in. As far as the dishwasher goes, they got the entire thing, but paid me money for half, LOL. Oh, and I actually learned from experience that jet dry and fish don't mix. He knows better now, but my three year old dumped an entire container of dishwashing detergent in a fresh water tank... At least they were goldfish, but they all died :)

Candra

Edited by clownmama

I have no idea what any of you just said... LOL. I will look around this weekend and see what I can find, or ask at the LFS next time I go in. As far as the dishwasher goes, they got the entire thing, but paid me money for half, LOL. Oh, and I actually learned from experience that jet dry and fish don't mix. He knows better now, but my three year old dumped an entire container of dishwashing detergent in a fresh water tank... At least they were goldfish, but they all died :)

Candra

assuming your tank has overflows ...which it HAS to since you have a sump you can make/buy filter socks (they are basically felt tube socks that the water falls into from then overflows and is filtered before entering the sump...also stops micro-bubbles)