What are the most accurate nitrate and phosphate tests?

Beretta

I'm wanting to start dosing my tank with vodka to get a handle on the nitrate and phosphate problems I'm having. Therefore, I need really accurate and reliable test kits so I don't end up killing everything in my tank. So what are the most reliable and accurate test kits, especially in the lower ranges? I've heard and read that the LaMotte kits are the best, though pricey. The price isn't an issue for me, as I want to do this right.

I'm wanting to start dosing my tank with vodka to get a handle on the nitrate and phosphate problems I'm having. Therefore, I need really accurate and reliable test kits so I don't end up killing everything in my tank. So what are the most reliable and accurate test kits, especially in the lower ranges? I've heard and read that the LaMotte kits are the best, though pricey. The price isn't an issue for me, as I want to do this right.

just make sure to dose just right or youll get a huge bacteria outbreak. I did this in my old 55 and had some good results.

I plan to dose at 1/2 the recommended rate to start with. I'll be damned if I'm going to crash my tank. It looks good right now, but there's a plethora of hair algae right now. It's just in little pockets right now, and is growing on my powerheads. My last water change seems to have slowed it down. I'll do another one this weekend and see what happens.

Honestly, I'd much rather dose vodka to remove nutrients than do water changes. They are a royal pain for me to do for my office tank.