Anyone know how to unlock phones?

caferacermike

I need a fast replacement for my work Nextel. Sure it will be replaced for free in about 3-4 weeks, but well work does not stand still. I ordered 5 used ones from Ebay but they won;t be here until Mon-Tues (what a deal for $60). Today I found out that Boost (a Sprint company) also uses the Motorola i335 phone. I made a mad dash to Best Buy and spent the $45 for a new i335 and put my SIM card in it only to find out that it is only programmed to run Boost. Of course it is silly or every Nextel guy would replace their $280 contracted phone for $45 right? So I also realize that they can be easily UNLOCKED. I foudn some software on Ebay that will do it for $8 but it also has a disclaimer that it is not guaranteed to work. Nice. So I can write some bogus software, sell it on Ebay and tell people that it may or may not work.

Should I try it? I mean hey it's only $8. But hey I'll pay someone $10 (or your asking price, maybe) if you can do it or help.

Motorola i335. There are hacks everywhere for it, just not sure how it works or if I am buying the right hack.

Ooooh never mind. A quick $8 on Ebay, 2 hours for codes to appear in email, 2 minutes of upload, 1 hour of searching for missing Motorola driver, 5 more minutes and presto chango.... Brand spanking new Motorola i335 Boost phone changed into a brand spanking new Motorola i335 Nextel phone for a grande total of $62.11. Super not bad as Sprint/Nextel wanted $280 before tax on a replacement but they absolutely would not sell me the phone outright as the contract is in my companies name and I would have been unable to "commit" to another 2 year contract.

Never ever settle...