What are the best T5 actinics

Cool Breeze

I have 2 36" t5 lights mixed in with my 400 w halides, you really cant even tell they are on when halides are on.Looks pretty cool at nite when halides are off though.maybe vho lights would have a little more punch,I would like to know.I like blueish white light, I dont care how fast corals grow as long as they are colorful I am happy.I have been happy with the look and coral colors with reeflux 12k and radium 20ks as a stand alone bulb.

I use 2 giesman 54 w true blue actenics. That is all I've ever used so thats all I know but they do the trick. A good thing to do is look at the color chart on the bulb package to see what colors that bulb puts out. Corals like the violet, green, and red so if the chart is high on those I think you will do well with that. Steve Tyree has a lecture on disc that he sells on his site that explains in detail the color spectrum, and how different colored corals react and perfer different colors that the bulbs give off. ( If that makes any sense I guess it sounds better in my head).

Hey mike those corals are doing great that i got from you. I posted pics of them.

Edited by JAY-ROC