Rock nem

Specter

Hi guys I have a rock nem that is getting too big for my tank and I need to fined a good home for him. He's been in my tank for a month and has tripled in size. At night when he expands he is stinging the mantle of my clam. I was told it would be 6 months to a year for him to get this big but you know how LFS are. I will be moving up to a 60G tank by the end of the year but at the rate he is growing that will be too late. :)

Hi guys I have a rock nem that is getting too big for my tank and I need to fined a good home for him. He's been in my tank for a month and has tripled in size. At night when he expands he is stinging the mantle of my clam. I was told it would be 6 months to a year for him to get this big but you know how LFS are. I will be moving up to a 60G tank by the end of the year but at the rate he is growing that will be too late. :)

I hope you aren't referring to an aptasia (aka rock anemone).:)

if you aren't I'll give him a good home. with tons of room to grow (135gal)

Edited by Capt. Obvious

I've never heard aptasia called a rock anemone but anyway.

Here's a pic!

rock_nem.jpg

As you can see he is in good health and quite happy! :)

If you don't mined me asking how old is your tank and what type of lighting do you have?

Edited by Specter

I've never heard aptasia called a rock anemone but anyway.

Here's a pic!

rock_nem.jpg

As you can see he is in good health and quite happy! :)

If you don't mined me asking how old is your tank and what type of lighting do you have?

my tank is old enough to know better :)...it used to be entropy's setup (3years old+) I am still using all the sand and rock from his setup...running a precision marine bullet 1 skimmer...55 sump...mag 18 return. 800w of halide and 6 x 54w T5...tank is cured and cycled all current inhabitants are healthy and happy as well

Edited by Capt. Obvious

I have one that looks just like that one. He's next to my Sebae and surprisingly they get along very well.

Just thought I'd interrupt LOL.

Dena

sounds good i'll contact you shortly.