Sump is complete - only one thing left

ysanford

We got our sump installed and operational (except a minor leak :( ). We are wondering if anyone knew how to make the overflow box quite down a bit. Also, if anyone has some chaeto and/or sand to put in our refugium and get that going, it would be greatly appreciated! We will take pictures when we have regained some energy! ;)

We got our sump installed and operational (except a minor leak :( ). We are wondering if anyone knew how to make the overflow box quite down a bit. Also, if anyone has some chaeto and/or sand to put in our refugium and get that going, it would be greatly appreciated! We will take pictures when we have regained some energy! ;)

easy...durso mod, stockman mod, or gurglebuster mod (we have discussed this before at length)....the noise you hear is the air rushing in with the water creating an gurgling/slurping/flushing noise the previously mentioned mods redirect the location air enters in from thus silencing the overflow

Edited by Capt. Obvious

easy...durso mod, stockman mod, or gurglebuster mod (we have discussed this before at length)....the noise you hear is the air rushing in with the water creating an gurgling/slurping/flushing noise the previously mentioned mods redirect the location air enters in from thus silencing the overflow
We did discuss that in detail. It never hurts to get more information.

if you do one the are silent...almost dead silent....then you will need to worry about silencing them on the other end which is an entirely different discussion

The bottom is pretty silent. The only thing that I hear underneath is the skimmer. I need to figure out how to tune it. The only sound is the overflow. And the fact that the pump is not strong enough for the SCWD or the siphon. So it barely gets over the teeth of the overflow. NEED MORE POWER.

The bottom is pretty silent. The only thing that I hear underneath is the skimmer. I need to figure out how to tune it. The only sound is the overflow. And the fact that the pump is not strong enough for the SCWD or the siphon. So it barely gets over the teeth of the overflow. NEED MORE POWER.

pretty much that is how an overflow works....water breaks over the teeth and then returns. if you are well over the bottom of the teeth you are probably overpowering your return and asking for wet floors...unless your just talking about a trickle here....then that is a different story. My water only gets to be 1/2 inch over the bottom of the teeth...and generally the down tube is height adjustable so you can tune the water level

Edited by Capt. Obvious