Tigger-Pods

johnoburns

I am looking for a way to cultivate Tigger-Pods for my 24 gallon nano cube. Will they do ok in the back of the tank? Could I cultivate them in an old milk jug with an air stone (read that on another site)?

I have added them in the past, but directly into the tank. I want to provide a source for/in my tank.

In case you unfamiliar with nano cubes they have a built in 3 section filter system in the back of the tank. The water goes into the left chamber, into the middle chamber, and then into the right chamber where it is pumped back into the tank. The left chamber has two long sponges. The middle chamber has on short sponge. The right chamber has the pump. I could add some small pieces of live rock to the middle or right chamber.

You should get one of them fish holders, like the ones we use when we catch fish, and cut a bit of an overflow with teeth on both sides throw some sand and chaeto in there and hang in in the back in your middle chamber and throw your tigger pods in there

You should get one of them fish holders, like the ones we use when we catch fish, and cut a bit of an overflow with teeth on both sides throw some sand and chaeto in there and hang in in the back in your middle chamber and throw your tigger pods in there

Thanks for the advise.

I'm assuming you can buy the fish holders, do you know how much they run if you can? I'm not sure what you mean by "cut an overflow"? Are you meaning to drill some holes on both sides?

I'm not sure a fish holder would work. I forgot to mention I use the lid with the compact fluorescence. I'm not sure if it could close with the holder over the side. I'm pretty sure it won't but don't know the thickness of the holder. I never paid attention to the thickness before :(

Thanks for the advise.

I'm assuming you can buy the fish holders, do you know how much they run if you can? I'm not sure what you mean by "cut an overflow"? Are you meaning to drill some holes on both sides?

I'm not sure a fish holder would work. I forgot to mention I use the lid with the compact fluorescence. I'm not sure if it could close with the holder over the side. I'm pretty sure it won't but don't know the thickness of the holder. I never paid attention to the thickness before :(

There is a good write up on cultivating pods here

Cultivating Pods

• 4 weeks later...
I found this link online and I am giving it a go with a 2.5 gallon tank.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/feb2003/breeder2.htm

I didn't have much success with the method on this site. I am now going to try turning my middle chamber of my nano cube into a refugium. Anyone have experience with this or willing to donate some cheato once it is completed? I won't need much, a handful at the very most.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70138