Moonlights!

Tom619

found this at walmart for $8 in the car department. you can angle each light.

LNL-042_E_LED_lighting.JPG

found this cigarette adapter at the 99cent store next door ..............for uh..... 99cents.

it looks like something walmart should carry too, but i found it at 99c first!

DOTHACDCAD01_acc_L.jpg

DONE . lol

Results? VOILA!!!!! it was one of the strongest moonlights i ever had! GLOWING!!

- Now the tank is just as a show at night as in the daytime. I angled them at the frogspawns and other luminescent corals.

- Makes the greens greener, blues bluer, and oranges... orangier, etc.. it's not just a flat blue w/ other moonlight brands.

- my orange monti caps glows a very strong tangerine color, but my cheapo camera couldn't get a justifiable picture (looks like a good-lookin ric).

IMG_1470xx.png

...blows this P.O.S. away ! (which was already installed b4 adding the new lights). it was sooo weaaak compared to the walmart light.

(on sale on Dr.F&S for $15/unit + $11 link + $9s/h)

moonlights.png

• Like 1

found this at walmart for $8 in the car department. you can angle each light.

LNL-042_E_LED_lighting.JPG

found this cigarette adapter at the 99cent store next door ..............for uh..... 99cents.

it looks like something walmart should carry too, but i found it at 99c first!

DOTHACDCAD01_acc_L.jpg

DONE . lol

I am sold!

Results? VOILA!!!!! it was one of the strongest moonlights i ever had! GLOWING!!

- Now the tank is just as a show at night as in the daytime. I angled them at the frogspawns and other luminescent corals.

- Makes the greens greener, blues bluer, and oranges... orangier, etc.. it's not just a flat blue w/ other moonlight brands.

- my orange monti caps glows a very strong tangerine color, but my cheapo camera couldn't get a justifiable picture (looks like a good-lookin ric).

IMG_1470xx.png

...blows this P.O.S. away ! (which was already installed b4 adding the new lights). it was sooo weaaak compared to the walmart light.

(on sale on Dr.F&S for $15/unit + $11 link + $9s/h)

moonlights.png

on the next episode of "Pimp my Tank" we'll show you how to install 22"s on your tank stand.

--all joking aside....awesome find....I retract all previous statements that people who make that "bolt on" crap for cars should all be drug into the street and shot....how many sets are you using and on what size tank?

on the next episode of "Pimp my Tank" we'll show you how to install 22"s on your tank stand.

--all joking aside....awesome find....I retract all previous statements that people who make that "bolt on" crap for cars should all be drug into the street and shot....how many sets are you using and on what size tank?

lol good one.

mine came with 3 lights. i've seen similar ones on ebay that come with 4 led's for $7. not sure if it's the same quality though

on a 30g. i'm sure you can reconfigure the lights with multiple links. led's are easy. there is a fuse in the plug in case you mess up. :angry:

lol good one.

mine came with 3 lights. i've seen similar ones on ebay that come with 4 led's for $7. not sure if it's the same quality though

on a 30g. i'm sure you can reconfigure the lights with multiple links. led's are easy. there is a fuse in the plug in case you mess up. :angry:

So I would probably do around 4 sets then.......with one of those lame car outlet splitters....

• 2 months later...

I picked up a set of custom 10X custom blue wideangle leds from a guy who makes them on ebay. I will have to take pics tonight. I installed them where the 8 built in white moonlights were, drilled 2 holes and put the fixture back together. Very clean look, all wiring is inside the light fixture. He even includes mounting supplies. I think it was about $40, and lights my 125gl great at night.

• 1 month later...