pictures of my 180gl setup

i done lost track of the amount of live rock in there. Those are basic HOB filters i have some media in the trays they both have bio wheels on them. I also have 2 fluval 405's under the stand. 1 on each end of the tank. I have 3 HOB skimmers. 1 seaclone 150 and 1 seaclone 100 and 1 red sea skimmer, no sumps i do not like sumps at all. i have a couple powerheads and a #5 tunze. with all the skimmers and filters flow is not a problem. mostly zoas and polyps corals

5 green chromis, 2 blue tangs, 2 yellowtail damsels, 1 nemo clown, 1 very large gold strip maroon clown, 1 green mandrin, 1 green wrasse and a 6 line wrasse, a couple diferent starfish

i done lost track of the amount of live rock in there. Those are basic HOB filters i have some media in the trays they both have bio wheels on them. I also have 2 fluval 405's under the stand. 1 on each end of the tank. I have 3 HOB skimmers. 1 seaclone 150 and 1 seaclone 100 and 1 red sea skimmer, no sumps i do not like sumps at all. i have a couple powerheads and a #5 tunze. with all the skimmers and filters flow is not a problem. mostly zoas and polyps corals

5 green chromis, 2 blue tangs, 2 yellowtail damsels, 1 nemo clown, 1 very large gold strip maroon clown, 1 green mandrin, 1 green wrasse and a 6 line wrasse, a couple diferent starfish

Man that is alot of hardware :D 3 skimmers?? wow... seems like alot of stuff to avoid the sump. and why the anti-sump mentality here? Did a sump kill your family or something?

all joking aside...whatever works right? and it looks nice...and in the end that is what matters.

ROFL, well the sumps have always worried me with the flooding issue, they are a pain to access, always keeping flow adjusted on over flow when tank level drops, back in the day when i did not have the ro/di system i would come home and water level dropped and return pump sucking air and making air bubbles in tank everywhere had to run to lfs for water.

and yeah lot of hardware but no real big issue and it all works and no deaths or major problems.

1 guy in Bryan tx told me i read all the info on line and reef club posts but in the end i do what works for me and i dont change it unless i have a problem.

i said well spoken friend.............LOL

ROFL, well the sumps have always worried me with the flooding issue, they are a pain to access, always keeping flow adjusted on over flow when tank level drops, back in the day when i did not have the ro/di system i would come home and water level dropped and return pump sucking air and making air bubbles in tank everywhere had to run to lfs for water.

and yeah lot of hardware but no real big issue and it all works and no deaths or major problems.

1 guy in Bryan tx told me i read all the info on line and reef club posts but in the end i do what works for me and i dont change it unless i have a problem.

i said well spoken friend.............LOL

agreed....hell my daughter's nano was "neglected" by me for a month+ w/o a water change or level test.....i tested the levels....everything was fine...but did a gallon water change to get my daughter to stop bothering me about it. whatever works. this is all just a huge experiment anyway....a huge expensive experiment.

and shame on you for trusting someone from Bryan....tsk tsk :D

Edited by Capt. Obvious