What could it be

ysanford

I just set up our 55g tonight. Got the live rock in and all of the hardware set up. Turned on the lights to see what was happening and to marvel at it's glory. My moment was destroyed by a encounter with about 10 Aiptasia. Luckily I just purchased a vial of Aiptasia control. With weapon in hand I went to work. 10 down 1 I am not sure about it doesn't look like the others. It is stark white with a neon green center. The body looks the same but the coloring is off. Is this the pesky Aiptasia or perhaps a mutation of it's counter part Majono. I tried to get picks of it but my shiaty 4 MP coolpix digicam couldn't get it. So my poetic description will have to do until I can get my other camera.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any varmints fitting this description? KILL it or let it LIVE?

I just set up our 55g tonight. Got the live rock in and all of the hardware set up. Turned on the lights to see what was happening and to marvel at it's glory. My moment was destroyed by a encounter with about 10 Aiptasia. Luckily I just purchased a vial of Aiptasia control. With weapon in hand I went to work. 10 down 1 I am not sure about it doesn't look like the others. It is stark white with a neon green center. The body looks the same but the coloring is off. Is this the pesky Aiptasia or perhaps a mutation of it's counter part Majono. I tried to get picks of it but my shiaty 4 MP coolpix digicam couldn't get it. So my poetic description will have to do until I can get my other camera.

Just wondering if anyone has seen any varmints fitting this description? KILL it or let it LIVE?

be safe ....kill it....or put it in your qt tank....or even post a ****** pic...maybe someone can make it out....but sounds like a majano variant

Majano on the left...Aiptasia on the right...notice green center on that majano.....colors may differ due to lighting

majanoaiptasia.jpg

Edited by Capt. Obvious

That is a shame it does look cool. I haven't been able to find anything similar on the web. I might risk it and see what it turns into. I will probably take cpt obviouses advise and move it to my qt tank to see what it does. I hope it turns to something beneficial doubt it though.