sps frags

don duncan

You could snap off the frag about 1/8" above all the white and re-mount it.

A few questions though:

What did you use to mount the frag? (I use super glue GEL)

What type of lighting and flow do you have?

Is there anything near the frag that may be stinging it?

Good luck!

I didn't catch your lighting configuration and I don't think flow is your problem. Did you cut it off above the white and re glue it? It sounds like it may have gotten burned but that typically doesn't happen when you use super glue gel. It could have been stressed from the break (when it was fragged) and then the added stress of you touching it and the gluing may have pissed it off. How long has it been mounted?

On a side note I typically glue my frags sideways. This helps establish a faster/bigger base and the corals seem to do better also.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like STN, (Slow Tissue Recession), usually not much can be done other than frag it as mentioned above. Its also a common occurance in captivity. Just keep an eye out for sloughing, once it starts to lose flesh, its a gonner... Also, make sure youre not providing direct flow as opposed to random, indirect flow.

Sounds like STN, (Slow Tissue Recession), usually not much can be done other than frag it as mentioned above. Its also a common occurance in captivity. Just keep an eye out for sloughing, once it starts to lose flesh, its a gonner... Also, make sure youre not providing direct flow as opposed to random, indirect flow.

Actually, its Slow Tissue Necrosis...