Shameless Restaurant Plug

renman303

I thought I'd post this for all of you locals that like to eat really good food that you just can't find anywhere else!

For those of you whom don't know, I own, "Nonna's" in Georgetown. We are the only Multi-Star restaurant in the city. We have had great reviews from Dale Rice of the Statesman, hosted "Mollydooker Winery" from South Australia and have the most unique "Fusion Nites" for any restaurant, anywhere! We are a BYOB establishment with a $3/person setup fee.

There is also a 5% discount for cash payments!

“A place with immense potential that’s just about to cross the threshhold to bigger and better things.”

-Dale Rice,

Austin American Statesman

“Coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, tonight’s meal was commensurate with the best California can offer. Keep it up!”

- Sean & Sandy Althaus,

guest testimonial

Please come see what we are all about! Just be sure to have a reservation for dinner as we often turn 20+ people away that are "walk-ins".

I'm attaching Lunch and Dinner Menus for your convenience as well as a You Tube Video Link that "Community Impact Newspapaer" did on us.

Lunch_2008.pdf

Nonna_s_Dinner_Menu_Winter_2008_v2.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I ate here for our Anniversary and cannot say enough about this place.

Conveniently located just off the square in Georgetown Nonna's has a very unassuming exterior. Ample parking for a restaurant of its size and plenty of parking around dinner time. A very courteous knowledgeable staff is ready to serve you as soon as you step inside. The decor is sophisticated yet simple and not overdone. The cozy feel of the dining area is perfect for a romantic evening or a dinner out with friends.

The Bruschetta al Forno is a divine starter dish, the quality of ingredients and blending of textures and flavors really put this in a league all it's own. If it could be made into some sort of gourmet pizza I would die of sheer ecstasy.

The Wild Mushroom Manicotti was rich and hearty while not causing you to feel "overstuffed". The spinach was fresh as any I have ever had and sauteed to perfection.

My wife had the Picatta Chicken, the presentation end execution were exquisite. Although my wife is far from a fan of capers she didn't scoff at them on this dish, as a matter of fact she said that the blending of flavors of the sauce, capers, pasta and seasonal vegetables ( zucchini, green beans, and peppers if I recall correctly) along with the chicken were in perfect balance.

For desert the Chai tea Crem bru le was a real pallet charmer and seemed to dazzle your taste buds, searved with a wonderfully contrasting fresh strawberry this is a truly well done dessert.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!! WE WILL BE BACK!!!

I want to tell all my friends about it but at the same time want to keep it my "secret".

How much was dinner between the two of you?

$54.13 after tax....I tipped the waiter $20....so $75 bucks after some heavy tiping. but would have been in the low to mid $60's with a standard 10-15% tip. Way cheaper than what I normally spend at Truluck's or Southwest Grill (in the 4 seasons)

Thanx for the kind words Ryan. Great to have you and your wife in.

To make things a bit better for those of you whom have not joined us yet. We offer everyone a 5% discount for cash payments!

Here are some of the ideas that we offer like "Club Sandwich" where you buy any 5 sandwiches, have your card punched and the 6th, any size/type is on us! We also offer "Take and Bake" meals that you can drop in the oven after work and in 20 minutes of so, dinner is done! $19 for a family of 4, Tax Included!!!

Lunch and Dinner Menus are attached at the opening of this thread as well as a "You Tube" Video showing the platings of some of our dishes.

Things that people have been saying about us:

“A place with immense potential that’s just about to cross the threshhold to bigger and better things.”

-Dale Rice, Critic

Austin American Statesman

“Coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, tonight’s meal was commensurate with the best California can offer. Keep it up!”

- Sean & Sandy Althaus,

guest testimonial

Lunch_2008.pdf

Nonna_s_Dinner_Menu_Winter_2008_v2.pdf

Take_and_Bake_plus_Club_Sandwich.pdf

Edited by renman303

Hey Gabriel,

Great meeting you as well. I'm glad you enjoyed everything! If you feel inclined, I'm trying to build some customer comments on Yahoo.com reviews. Just search on "Nonna's Cucina". One day, I'll learn to start a blog!!! ha ha!

ps: you can pick up a Nonna's "Club Sandwich" punch coupon in the latest edition of the Community Impact Newspaper from Georgetown or you can print the paper "Take and Bake plus Club Sandwich" that I posted. Feel free to give them to all of your friends!

Dave

I forgot to mention that I had lunch there on Tuesday. It was very good! I had the Greek Turkey sandwich and the Kettle chips. It was really nice meeting you Dave!
Edited by renman303