Ballast

tropheusmaster

I have a 72" odyssea light with three 175 watt MH's and moon lights and two 135 watt power compacts. i bought it used and i replaced all bulbs, but the two power compacts still do not work so i need a ballast to run two 135 watt power compacts. does anyone have one or know where i can get one? pm me cause it is easier for me to find your reply

Sounds like 2x55w bulbs (130w total) which is pretty standard for PC's. A Workhorse 5 will do nicely IMO. You can pick one up from www.Reefgeek.com for about $30 I think or maybe locally (or eBay). As long as you are comfortable with wiring it up yourself it is a pretty easy swap. You need a power cord for it, but you can probably splice right into what you have now.

65x2 does BUT!!! the old bulbs have printed on the end cap CF 130W Odyssea ( on each bulb) and I ordered the new bulbs from Dr Fosters and Smith and they are sunpaq 130W bulbs, however I am having trouble finding 2x130w ballast and most people are sceptical about it actualy being 130w each as I myself am. BUT on the control box that runs the metal halides that are also on this light,, it clearly says metal halides 175W x3 and POWER COMPACT 130W x2

I am considering an ICE CAP 660 if i can locate a used one some where

Edited by tropheusmaster

I am 99.2% sure it is actually 3x175w halides and 4x65 CF actinics. Cool Breeze was nice enough to point out my typo (65w x2). You could run two Workhorse fives (128 watts) or Workhorse sixs (140 watts). for about $50 + shipping. A IceCap 660 would be great but the price tag is going to hurt. Even used the rarely fall below $100. You could also run two ARO Part Number MR192 eballasts. They are a litte more money though ($35 each). I guess it is going to come down to what you can find and how much wiring you want to do.