SPS/Acro's that can thrive in lower PAR levels?

I have some spots in my 135 SPS dominant cube where the PAR is lower, say 100 to 150 par. The tank has an 8 bulb T5 (ATI) fixture and 2 Kessil A360's so it is 300 to 400 at the top of the rocks where most of my frags live, and they are all producing nice color. But I have some lower spots that are running 100 to 150 par and I'd like to plug in some Acros there as well.

Are there some specific Acros that do better at low to mid PAR levels? What do I consider low to mid PAR for Acros/SPS?  80 to 180/ 100 to 150.

I'm looking for some names and possibly some recommended PAR levels if you know them.  Everyone has tons of lists of Acros that require high light, however a mid/low light list is one that that you don't see online much if ever. 

Thanks again!

John

I'll start off so that you see what I'm looking for:

SPS/ACRO:                                   PAR Requirement:                   Notes:

Seriatopora/Birds Nest                 80 to 150                                Some Birdsnest acros might grow/color up faster in higher par, but it is not required for most of them 

Purple stylo will grow in low light but you'll loose the purple coloration.  You might try researcher by fluorescing protein.  Some fluorescing proteins work at low PAR levels and shut off at higher PAR levels.  You'll probably need to start by digging through Dana Riddle's articles.  An easier method might be look at the bases of corals in other tanks that are getting low PAR levels.  Some will undoubtedly have dieoff around the base from low light but some should still have some growth and coloration.

Thanks Tim. I'll look through those artices, Im a fan of Dana. However, I'm also looking for the easy/lazy option of someone who has actual experience with specific SPS/Acros in low light. 😉  I have 2 purple colonies on top that are dark purple. 

thanks again bud,

John

You're welcome!  SOunds like you came through the freeze ok. :)  You might look close at the bases of your own acros.  SOme may have some decent colors in lower light so you'll have an idea of how a frag will look in lower light.