She's had a good run...

JoelATX

When is it time to euthanize her? I got Homie in the late 80s early 90s, but I'm guessing she doesn't have much longer.

This morning I found her listing at the front of the tank and would not come to the top of the tank for food. She was not responding to hand movements in front of her. Her mouth is open and her gills are flared out (she been like this for a while, it's just more pronounced), skin is milky, you can see much of the bone structure on her face and eyes are a little protruding. 

She hasn't eaten anything to speak of for weeks, and has been obsessed with a new anemone. 

What are the current recommend was to send your pet to the great barrier reef in the sky?

IMG_1800.jpeg

My condolances!   😪    If it helps it sounds like Homey has outlived her wild counter parts.  The record for wild clownfish is 28 years.  If you decide to euthanize her use clove oil in a container of aquarium water.   Here's a good article explaining it's use

https://kb.rspca.org.au/knowledge-base/what-is-the-most-humane-way-to-euthanase-aquarium-fish/

Yes. It took her several months to find it. The anemone must have liked the location I dropped it on. Hasn't really moved, occasionally moves the back side of the rock, but them back to the spot.

She has rallied to live another day. In the mornings, she looks pretty bad, listing and kinda aimlessly floating around. Maybe she is still asleep. As the lights come on she does better.