Need Help - Tank Move - Mid November

reefman

Hello everyone. Sorry you haven't seen me on the boards in a while, but as some of you know there has been a lot going on in the past several months. One of those things is we are moving to a new house (Yeah!) in Cedar Park.

I am planning on moving my tank mid-November (Nov 15th is a pretty firm date unless something unexpected happens).

I am asking help for the tank Move. I'll supply pizza and beer, and I am sure there will be a few frags generated from the move that I will give out to the helpers if they want them. I would also appreciate the use of any tubs anyone has. John and Brian are going to let us use their big tank moving suction cups, so that will be a definite plus. I have about 3 - 4 20 gal tubs, and a bunch of buckets, but I'm sure we will need some more, since this is a 200 gal tank we will be taking down and moving. Also, anyone that can help that has a truck, van, or SUV even better.

I will start the break down Friday night, continue Saturday morning, and plan to begin the actual load up and move around noon Saturday.

I will greatly appreciate anyone that can help, or anything (likke tubs) that can be contributed. Also, if I'm not thinking of anything we will need (its been a while since I have done one of these), please chime in.

I live at 11610 Autumn Ridge Drive in NW Austin, and will be moving to a house in the Ranches of Brushy Creek (816 Arrowhead Trail), just off Brushy Creek Road and Palmer. If anyone needs my cell # for info or questions, please PM me and I'll respond with it.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks!

Stephen

I should be able to help. If not, I can supply a large Brute can with lid and a few tubs. I also have 4 5G water jugs that you can use. I also have a truck and can haul some things if needed. Just PM me if you need anything and I will do my best to help out.

James

I may be able to help, I have several totes etc. I also have a 1 ton truck and custom 28' enclosed trailer that could be helpful depending on weather! The trailer has a fold down ramp door and lots of room to keep every thing together. BTW we haven't met, my name is Wade. I live in the Lake Belton area just north of Austin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. The plan to move my tank is still on for the weekend of Nov 15th & 16th. A few of you have responded but I was yhoping a few more could help. I also hope some could help with providing tubs and containers to help move the fish, corals, rock, and sand.

Also... We are having the major move to the house (not tank related) next weekend. I have a trailer rented and a couple of people to help with that, but I was hoping for one or two more. For that move I was going to pay for the help. If you or someone you know wouldlike to earn a little money next weekend, I could use the help.

Pllease let me know if you know of anyone.

Thanks.

Stephen

Edited by reefman

I wanted to help, but have my last dog event on the 15th. I have a number of 5 gallon buckets and a plastic storage container that I use for when I'm messing in my tank. If you end up needing help on the 16th, my husband and I can be there.

Dena

Hi Dena,

Most of the move will take place on the 15th. We won't start until probably noon oor after actually moving stuff (prior to that will be taking the tank down). If you can't make it on the 15th, I could definitely use the buckets and the plastic storage container.

Anyone else, still looking for additional help and containers to move everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen

Whew! I was really about to go into panic mode. Would it help if I made the move on Sunday, instead of Saturday?

Gabriel,

Please let me know if you can make it or not. Would love your help and especially having your expertise there.

innate 1,

Would your truck be able to handle the tank? It's 31.5" x 63" x 27" deep.

Cool Breeze,

Would appreciate the loan of the Brutes.

jsr and colektm364,

Do it look like y'all can still help? Would also appreciate the loan of the totes and containers (you can't have too many containers for a move!).

Anyone else? Like I said, if it makes it easier for most people to help on Sunday instead of Saturday, I can move the day of the move.

Again, thanks to everyone offering to help.

Stephen

Wanted to get a final idea of how many were going to be able to help.

Some of you I've talked to either thru PM or phone. I plan to be at the Autumn Ridge house NLT 9:00 (hopefully earlier)

Innate,

Do you need anything from me like directions on my cell phone #?

Gabriel,

So we can still expect you around noon?

Anyone else? Even if you could come by for a little while, it would help.

Thanks to everyone.

Stephen

I can still help out. I must say that I am fighting a nasty cold, so if I am too bad I will just drop off the Brute can and other tote. That is, if you still need them. If I am feeling better I will help out best I can.

jsr,

Can defintely use the totes. Hope you can stay too. I'm fighting the same thing (either allergies or a cold).

Wade, we'll still be going from morning into the afternoon. Depending on what time you can come after your walk, why don't you just call my cell and we'll let you know which house we are at. Do you still have my cell #? BTW, is the pump working out okay?

Stephen

jsr,

Can defintely use the totes. Hope you can stay too. I'm fighting the same thing (either allergies or a cold).

Wade, we'll still be going from morning into the afternoon. Depending on what time you can come after your walk, why don't you just call my cell and we'll let you know which house we are at. Do you still have my cell #? BTW, is the pump working out okay?

Stephen

S-

The pump looks good..but I don't have my tank setup yet so we'll see if it is enough flow for my setup. I think it will be ok though.

I still have your cell # so I'll ring when I'm done.

- Mark

I wanted to thank everyone that helped with the move yesterday. It's an understatement that we couldn't have done without everyone's help. Wade, Michael, Thad, James (headless_donkey), James (jsr), Keith, Mark, Tom, Chase - I can't thank you enough. We finally got the fish in the tank around 10:30 last night. So far, everything seems to be okay - all fish accounted for - and the corals seem fine. Had RC run and Ammonia test (and picked up a kit). Jake said it looks like I might have a trace amount, but nothing to worry about so far. I'll keep a close eye on it for the next week or so.

again, I can't say thank you enough.

Stephen

Sorry Gabriel. I just knew if I tried to name everyone, I would end up forgetting someone. Sure enough I did. My utmost apologies - I'm just pretty much a moron right now I'm so tired, and I'm still working on things.

Thanks so much for your help and advice as well.

Stephen

Edited by reefman

Glad that everything is going well. It was great meeting everyone and seeing some old faces. I appreciate the opportunity to help out. I learned a lot about corals that really sparked my interest to start keeping them. Thanks for the frags as well. Remember, I am right down the road from you, don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

James