Large worm emerges from rock?

tennisjad3

I caught a glimpse of this guy earlier this week and finally got some pics. He never leaves this spot or fully emerges from the rock. Seems really occupied roaming the sandbed, sadly he's wedged in the back corner of y tank that is wedged against a wall and nearly impossible to get a good pic of.

Any idea what is this and more importantly is it harmless?

Thanks

99233D15-BEFB-4C22-80E2-C1A73F04315D.jpeg

698EA5E8-38DB-4D4F-96AB-159338FC3607.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Fuu, man. Do you know, that worm in the aquarium isn't normal? There are a lot of types of worms, that can be dangerous for the fish, that live in the fish tank. Moreover, difference between some types are so negligible. I am talking about the bristle worm, you can read more about them and make sure about my words. Frankly speaking, I recommend you to get this worm over the fish tank if you don't want to find corpses of your fish.

• 5 months later...

I had a potato worm once, and when it relieved itself, it was not a good sight...this huge plume of white powder looking excrement would pollute the entire tank....only positive thing that came from a tank crash was killing that mofo!!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk