APEx classic rebooting over and over (HELP)

So today my apex classic has started to reboot itself. Since 4PM CST it has done so many times. I have unplugged the internet cord after reading it might be internet related.
Is any one else having the same issue or had that issue in the past? Is there a solution?

You're welcome to borrow my Catharsis Therapy tool.  It fixes a whole host of problems and I'm sure it will fix your frustration with your apex.  It is well used but still perfectly functional.  I'll want it back of course.

Catharsis Therapy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dogfish said:

So today my apex classic has started to reboot itself. Since 4PM CST it has done so many times. I have unplugged the internet cord after reading it might be internet related.
Is any one else having the same issue or had that issue in the past? Is there a solution?

Can you back it up and reset it to factory and just program a couple things and see if it is the hardware or possibly the programming that is causing the issues? i know it sounds like a PITA but a little time might be worth possible upgrade or replacement components right off the bat. I remember the network issue bug i went thought that with the power line adapter after the second or third update to the classic. I ended up using an old wireless netgear router in bridge mode and connected it vs  the powerline issue was fixed. 

i had the same problem over the weekend.  make sure you have logging disabled on all your outlets.  delete older log files.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?8325-Is-it-possible-to-clear-the-log

I deleted all up to last 30 days.  this is the second time it's happened in 4-5yrs... its pretty random.

10 hours ago, Timfish said:

You're welcome to borrow my Catharsis Therapy tool.  It fixes a whole host of problems and I'm sure it will fix your frustration with your apex.  It is well used but still perfectly functional.  I'll want it back of course.

Catharsis Therapy.jpg

I have the newer model with a yellow fiberglass handle. Its my go to computer repair tool

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if this is relevant to your issues but:

NOTICE:

Yesterday, at approximately 19:45 PST we had a hardware failure to a key Apex Fusion server located with AWS. Our normal operating procedure for such an event went into effect and Apex Fusion was back to normal operation for all customers in less than 25 minutes.

During this outage, a percentage of Apex Classic customers (ApexClassic, Apex Gold, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr) were affected in that upon not receiving proper communication from this server, they reached a never-before-seen unstable state, and then subsequently rebooted as a recovery method. We have reports that some rebooted several times. We are currently investigating this issue in an attempt to recreate it in our lab, and if we can do that, put in place a software fix to prevent it from happening in the future.

Second generation Apex owners (the “2016” model) were not affected in this way because they maintain connection and communicate to Apex Fusion in a slightly different manner. They simply lost connection with the Apex Fusion servers for that time while we were performing the recovery.

By 20:15 PST our server was back online and all Apex should have been back to normal operation. If your Apex remains disconnected from Apex Fusion, please contact our support team here:https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

No data was lost and no programming or configuration on your Apex was changed due to this downtime event. Your Apex should be operating normally at this time.

We apologize for this service interruption.

13 minutes ago, victoly said:

Not sure if this is relevant to your issues but:

NOTICE:

Yesterday, at approximately 19:45 PST we had a hardware failure to a key Apex Fusion server located with AWS. Our normal operating procedure for such an event went into effect and Apex Fusion was back to normal operation for all customers in less than 25 minutes.

During this outage, a percentage of Apex Classic customers (ApexClassic, Apex Gold, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr) were affected in that upon not receiving proper communication from this server, they reached a never-before-seen unstable state, and then subsequently rebooted as a recovery method. We have reports that some rebooted several times. We are currently investigating this issue in an attempt to recreate it in our lab, and if we can do that, put in place a software fix to prevent it from happening in the future.

Second generation Apex owners (the “2016” model) were not affected in this way because they maintain connection and communicate to Apex Fusion in a slightly different manner. They simply lost connection with the Apex Fusion servers for that time while we were performing the recovery.

By 20:15 PST our server was back online and all Apex should have been back to normal operation. If your Apex remains disconnected from Apex Fusion, please contact our support team here:https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

No data was lost and no programming or configuration on your Apex was changed due to this downtime event. Your Apex should be operating normally at this time.

We apologize for this service interruption.

Do you know what day that was ?

I read a similar one posted on another forum about that problem and it was Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

i think mine acted up friday night... for about 4hrs.  not sure if clearing the logs helped, or this fusion issue restoring helped (it doesnt list a date, just time)

Last night I removed the ethernet cable and have not had the problem today.

I did test my internet connection both last night and today. It has gone from (16 download and 3 upload) to (2.42 download and .06 upload). I use a modem that pulls the signal from an ATT 4G tower.  The latency is long at 1.43ms. The speakeasy test will not even run with latency that long. ATT must have an equipment issue at the tower. At least I hope that's it. To confirm I reconnected it to the internet and it went back to rebooting. The connection is so weak I cant even connect thru Fusion

Ok got this sussed out.

ATT has restored my faster internet over 4G. I assume it was a tower issue or something that affected the signal.

I plugged in thew Apex and it has not gone into reboot mode.

I did got get a new Apex just in case. (spare)

The fish will have to starve for a few weeks and go without fresh water to pay for the bloody thing,.

• Like 1