WATER QUESTION

KKAAY

trying to get things together for my rebuild of my 75 gallon tank...

question is, is it possible or rather advantageous to hook up a filter to a hose to get a better quality of water than what just comes out of the hose...

i have seen the garden hose filters and would like to get one if it make a big diff in the quality of water...just curious if anyone has used one and if its ok to use for aquarium water?

thanks

I would think any filter's better than none but I would invest in an rodi filter. You can get one used pretty easily. It'll take longer to fill your tank than just using the hose, but you can be sure of the water quality.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question?

What sort of water are we taking about? Well or city water?

A screw on filter to a hose is  usually a carbon filter. It will remove some chlorine and other particles

A dual filter like this will remove more, however it will cost some money. Not the best solution like an rodi unit, but its a lot better than no filter at all

https://www.amazon.com/Eco-One-Outdoor-Purifier-Accessories/dp/B004P5M4LE/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=Garden+Hose+Filter&qid=1550548374&s=gateway&sr=8-17

• Like 2