Excited to dip my toes again after a long break.

Ashton

Hey everyone,

My name's Ashton and I'm super excited to get back into reef keeping after an extended period off.  In high school, I first got into reef keeping with a 55 gallon that ran strong for several years.  After getting some experience under my belt, I became really interested with seeing how small I could go and when I finally closed everything down to move to college, I had a 10 gallon, a 5.5 gallon (that I converted to an AIO), and a 3g.  

After a long break to finish college and move around multiple times, I finally am settled in Austin and feeling ready to rejoin this awesome hobby.  I was worried at first that Austin might not have many other saltwater enthusiasts, but after finding this forum I feel silly to have ever worried in the first place.  

I'm still in the planning process at this point trying to narrow down what I want. Currently leaning towards a 10-15 gallon to start with and have my eyes on the Waterbox Cube AIO's, but I'm always open to suggestions :)

Anyways, I'm sure I'll get to know some of you more in the future, and I'm excited to start looking through some of the other threads here to see what everyone else is currently working on. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the club! Lots of amazing builds to read about here. Do you have any pictures to share of your previous tanks? I always enjoyed having a pico and would like to see what you did with yours!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, KimP said:

Welcome to the club! Lots of amazing builds to read about here. Do you have any pictures to share of your previous tanks? I always enjoyed having a pico and would like to see what you did with yours!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sadly I don't. I used to post on nano-reef.com a lot and must have just used the "attach photo" feature for photos. I found my 8+ year old threads there but sadly all the photos are simply broken photo symbols now and I definitely wasn't backing up my crappy phone pictures back then. 

I'll do a much better job documenting this time around as it's a huge regret of mine to have nothing to look back on.

• Like 1

Welcome Ashton,

Yes we like pictures! LoL

As mentioned before there are tons of posts, and if you can not find what your looking for, just ask.

I went the opposite route as you, starting off with a 20 long, got the fever, and just finished with a 50 gal.

Once I get it stocked and running I have a 175 fresh that I will convert. 

Good luck and welcome.