Just picked up a macro lens, holy moly

eddius-maximus

Your pictures are amazing! We used to do a photography meeting every January that had some great tips for taking pictures of a reef tank. I think there's a write up of the tips around the site here somewhere. Doesn't look like you need any of them though! Wow!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, eddius-maximus said:

Shaolin, my Starry Blenny. He's an idiot who keeps using my maxima clam as his personal throne but his eyebrow game is pretty on point.

You should enter this one in some reef site photo contest. Photo shop a santa hat on and its a sure winner!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you post processing or adjusting white balance on camera at all? I find the most joy in using my macro lense when I don’t need to upload and edit and dump straight to my iPhone. My old canon entry level dslr has a custom white balance feature where you can use a previous photo to automatically set a new white balance. It ends up extreme with blues, but I find it fun. Examples below. 3324d969c647ae7cbbc93af7a57a8429.jpgbce5ead03f9cc002560eb6c533d0121a.jpg6ff2bfde57b743858be97113c01d8098.jpg5e3f5a092dd0e14c3868aa202d2e311a.jpg32cdfa31845c6673008b32761fb98cb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk