42 Gallon Hex Tank Build

n2585722

The AWC ( Auto Water Change ) has been transferred to the Control 4 . I programmed an output on the Archon to signal the Control 4 that everything is ok to proceed with the AWC. The output programming is in the screenshot below. The output is programmed as normally off. It is setup to turn on if any of the selected alarms are true. The leak detectors, sump overfull, sump under full or salt water storage low alarms will turn on this output which will alert the Control 4 not to run the AWC.

C7D8F8EE-B095-443A-B327-9BF53B3A9EC7.png

The Control 4 alert input is programmed as shown in screenshot below. It uses a sense port set as a single point leak detector. The normally closed contact of a relay that is powered by the Archon output setup above. So when the output is on the relay contacts open to trigger a leak alarm on the input of the Control 4 named AWC Alarm.

C3348F80-2947-403D-AF2D-F392E4A36911.png

The AWC output on the Control 4 is a 12v output and drives both the fill and drain dosing pumps. The type of output is set to generic and uses 1 input for control. That input is AWC Alarm and activates when dry. This output Has Schedule is set since this output will operate on a timed schedule. The output used is Drive Port 2. The output is active in all modes. Since that is the default I did not have to change those settings. Since this output is using the Archon to determine if it will run the Depends On setting is not used here. Since the output runs multiple times a day Enable Advanced Settings is set to true.

4204FE13-30E1-4862-ADFD-051851C7220E.png

The output settings are continued in screenshot below. The start time is set to the first instance of the runtime. The runtime is set for 15 minutes. This is the runtime that was set on the Archon. I want it to run for 15 minutes three times a day so the run count is set to three. The Run Interval is set to 6 hours since I want the run start times 6 hours apart.

C4006220-0555-4851-8CBC-4A1122773465.png

I am monitoring this output with a Archon switch input via  relay contacts. The graph from that input is shown below. The extra output shown late on the 18th was when I switched the pumps over to the Control 4. So far all looks good.

5EA1422C-B7A6-4CA1-8647-9B82A501892E.png

I have got a little further with control board for the garage. I still have to do the boards for the pumps valves and solenoids. That will get my workbench cleared. The top left corner has the two remaining PC4's in the garage. The left one energizes relays and the contacts activate a sense ports on the Hydros collective. The right one still powers the pumps that dispense from the tanks on demand. One of them does transfer water from the mixing station to the fresh salt water tank when needed and the mix tank is ready to use. The relays are mounted on the din rail on the bottom board. The din rail also has a 12v power supply and two dual rj45 breakout boards that are used in getting signals from the tanks under the work bench. The cables are long enough I can roll the tanks out to access them when needed.

69D2099B-6775-4961-BABA-B97ADAB1C07D.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Garage build update. I have got a little further along on the pump and valve side of the board. The auto refill of my DI storage and mix tank are under Hydros control. I added another Control 2 to the garage and also added a control unit to the stand. I have to figure out a way to mount it there. It will not mount facing out and have the door close. It will fit on its side but the mtg holes are on the bottom. I can alway mount it in the back cabinet but I will have to wait till I can remove the Digital Aquatics power bars that are there. I am now controlling the return pump, skimmer and one of my heaters with the Hydros now that I have a temp sensor and a skimmer full sensor on the Hydros at the tank.

A0D99627-9821-4E3B-ADA1-4D164841A0BA.jpeg

Below is a close up of the valve board with two Hydros valve installed where they will go. I still need to paint the mtg plates for the valve before permanently installing them. I am using three other valve at the moment. I figured I would try out the Hydros valves. I will reuse one of the valves for the RODI input since I will still use AC power to drive that valve.

E358A3F1-3EC1-4331-BCB4-2A1EB754AD24.jpeg

The Hydros system  went through our rolling blackouts without any issue. I did however have an issue on one of the blackout events with my Archon on power up. I had to replace the memory stick. Apparently it somehow got corrupted. I was lucky everything is still alive in the tank. The tank did get down to 70 degrees during all of it. My battery backup for the Vortech pumps worked like a champ. The longest we were without power was 4 hours at a time. I am very pleased with out the Hydros has performed so far.

• Like 3

I have no experience with Neptune controllers. The Hydros is similar to the DA in there is no coding. You create a input or output and assign a port to it. On an output you don't have to assign a port and it will still work logically as an output. Like a virtual output. For logic they have a Combiner output that accepts input form other outputs which can be inverted if needed. You can use it as an AND or OR combiner, like a gate. The generic output can accept up to 9 inputs as control. So far I have only used a couple inputs at most per output. I have not found a task that the Hydros could not do that I was doing on my Archon. They have graphing for inputs but not outputs yet. To add to it you just buy another Control device and add it to a collective. The inputs and outputs are shared so as far as the user it acts as one larger unit. The Wave Engine is suppose to be integrated into the collective soon. I have 4 Control units in a collective. I have 19 inputs setup and 39 output setup. All the outputs do not control an actual port. Some are for logic control only but they do show up as an output on the app so you can see if they are on or off. The Control 4 has 4 0-10v inputs. That is a first for me to have 0-10v inputs. It also has 4 0-10v outputs.Below are some screenshots from my iPad of the status screens. I also have screen shots of an input setup and a output setup screen. Also there is a screenshot of some of the graphs.

C67558C8-7376-4D5A-A47B-2ED93B9F155B.png

BF452FC6-3704-43C7-9D44-469A61290445.png

577C6B17-96F2-4F73-8275-6096C946F120.png

698E301F-B4A3-4047-93E2-40BDAF5B57DB.png

564A07F0-0E38-4D5D-B165-4EB58BB4F4A7.png

2B277B9C-EEC4-4542-8B4F-9FE997AB55C9.png

Edited by n2585722

I have three water level sensors hooked to three of the inputs. I have them measuring the water level in my storage tanks. The reading is in percentage of full. I used NXP pressure sensors and a amp circuit. I have found some NXP pressure sensors since that have a 0-5v output I might five a try. The ones I currently use have a 20mv output. The circuit is temp sensitive and unfortunately the tanks are in the garage. So I need to see if I can reduce the variance  due to room temp.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on control board in the garage. Below is current photos. I am still working on the right side with the valves and pumps. The ATO pump and the All for Reef dosing pump are now in the lower shelf assembly. The All for Reef pump is upper right. The ATO is below it. Both use the same tube to dispense to the sump. The pump with the two green heads will hopefully be used for AWC. I still need to get the plumbing completed for it. Right now the two pumps behind the scope are the AWC pumps. All the dosing pumps in use are controlled by the Hydros system.

328B71BD-E5E0-4843-90C6-E062E3318484.jpeg

The photo below is of the valve and pump section. The valves at the top from left to right are Mix tank fill, DI tank fill and the last one is RODI on. There are shelves to hold 8 of the dosing pumps I use.

F938B2CA-BFF8-4911-9972-44C9FA7AA743.jpeg

All control of the RODI unit and the three storage tanks are controlled by the Hydros system now. I used some unique output setups to do this. The first is control of the RODI unit itself. I turn off the flow to the RODI unit when not in use. It does have a ASOV valve but I did have a leak once about two weeks after I replaced the filters so now I have a way to stop the flow if a leak is detected. Unfortunately the solenoids I got are not intended to be on constantly. I also use the unit for RO water to the ice maker and the water dispenser on the fridge. I have a tank with a pressurized bladder for this so all I need is to do is turn it on the RODI occasionally to refill the bladder. This requires a timed output but it also needs to be on if either the DI tank or the mix tank are being refilled. Below is the setup for the timer output. This output is the Generic type with a input count of 0. Has Schedule is set since we will be using a timer. Since we will be using more than this to control the actual output on this output the Output Device is set to none. It is only going to be used as a timer to control another output. Since I want to have it come on multiple times in a 24 hour period I Enabled Advanced Settings. The start time is set to 00:00:00 this is midnight so the first refill of the RO bladder tank is at midnight. I set Runtime for 10 minutes. The rest of this output setup is on the next screenshot

BBE953D3-250A-48DC-A510-07DF3B27BC49.png

The Run Count is set to 24. This will run  24 times total. The Run Interval is set to 1 hour. This is the time between the start of each run. This gets the RODI to turn on for 10 minutes every hour. That is it for the timer.

2AB33619-3A9D-454A-BA80-08832043584D.png

The screenshot below is the setup for the output to drive the RODI on solenoid. For this output I used the Combiner Type. This takes two inputs and combines them using either an AND or OR type statement. The only catch is the inputs can only be from other outputs. For this one Input 1 is the output we created previously Called RODI Timer. This input is not inverted. Input 2 is the output called RODI demand. That output is also a combiner output which has the mix fill and the DI fill outputs as inputs. This input is not inverted.  The combiner mode used here is the OR type since I want the output on if either input is active. The output device here is GR 1-1. This is a WiFi power strip in the garage. It is the first outlet on the strip. I have this active in all modes which is the default. The Depends On is set to the Archon Alarm output. This has to be another output also. The only signal from my Archon to the Hydros system is the leak alarms. If there is a leak I want this output to shut off. The Dependency Mode is set to Off if On. So if the Archon Alarm output is on this output will be off.

6D7CD5A0-16B3-45CE-AF8B-B124AE1E3B16.png

The screenshot below is for the output called RODI Demand. It is a Combiner Type output. It is also the second input in the output in the screenshot above. Input 1 is the DI Fill output.  This input is not inverted.  Input 2 is the Mix Fill output. This input is not inverted. This output uses the OR Combiner Mode since I want this output on if either input is active. The Output Device is set to none since I am not controlling a output port directly from this output. Active in modes is the default settings. Depends On is unused on this output. I will cover the Mix and DI fill outputs later. This is probably enough for now.

3FDF35C4-C3B3-461E-ACD4-500C7DE19B0A.png

The DI tank has three sensors. Two are for control and one is a pressure sensor I am using to give me an Idea of how full the tank is without rolling it out from under the bench and lifting the lid to check it. The first three screenshots are the setup for the three inputs for these sensors. The first on is for the DI low sensors. This is used to stop the ATO if the tank is low. It also triggers the refill sequence. It is a sensor connected to a sense port. It is a float switch. The Sense Mode is Water Level. The port the the sensor is connected to is a Control 2 sense port 2. That is it for setting up a sense port.

439B7A85-59A9-4CB6-AC0F-F4F4B0547BC6.png

The screenshot below is for the full sensor. It is also connected to a sense port. The Sense Mode is also Water level. This sensor is also Connected to the same Control 2 on Sense Port 1. It is also a float switch.

99F8AC1B-2E05-4949-8900-91EF8318BB18.png

In the screenshot below is the setup for the pressure sensor. It is a MPX5010GSX. It works on a 5v supply. The input type used here is 0-10v input. The input mode is Analog. The port used is on a Control 4 and is input 1 of the 4 0-10v inputs. Since full in the container I use is only 1.9v for this sensor I used the scale factor set so that it shows 100 for 100% Of full. In this case it ended up being 61.9. Also since this sensor does not go all the way down to 0v I used the offset to correct. That ended up being -17.9. When the tube is out of the water it reads 0% and when it is down in the water in a full container it reads 100.

42A9ABF1-1235-435D-AE30-862EABEC829C.png

Now for the refill control I used Combiner Type outputs since I had 2 outputs to follow. The DI full and DI low outputs are the 2 output I will use. The screenshot below is the output setup for the DI Low output. It uses the Generic Type. It is using an input count of 1. Input 1 is the DI Low input setup previously. It is set to active when dry. The input will show dry when the water level is below the sensor. No output device is selected for this output.

356E9814-F1DA-4DDE-A1FC-2293BCCBD8B1.png

The screenshot below is the DI full output. It follows the DI full input. It uses the Generic Type. The input count is 1. Input 1 is the DI Full Input. This one is set to active when wet. The tank is full when the water level goes above the sensor. This one also has no output device set.

7DC9E0B4-C289-4FBE-9A07-AB3F53B4939E.png

The screenshot below is an output that is used to latch on the DI fill output when it is triggered on by the DI low output. This is needed otherwise the DI fill would turn off once the water level was above the DI Low sensor and we want it to continue to fill till it is above the DI Full sensor. This output uses the Combiner Type. Input 1 is the DI Low output created before. It is not inverted. Input 2 is the actual DI fill output. It is not inverted. The Combiner Mode is the OR type. I want the output on if either input is on. The way this works is the DI low output turns this on and this output will turn on the output for the DI tank fill solenoid. In doing this it sends a on signal to input 2 which keeps this output on as long as the DI fill solenoid is on.

8008EA18-477B-41F1-881A-0B6C1BA6544A.png

The screenshot below is for the DI fill solenoid. This output will actually drive the solenoid that refills the DI tank. This also uses the Combiner Type. Input 1 is the DI Fill Latch in the previous screenshot. This input is not inverted. Input 2 is the DI full sensor. This input is inverted since we want a active signal when it is not on. In this case the Combiner mode is the AND mode. I want both inputs active for this output to be on. Once DI full output comes on since it is inverted it will turn off this output. This will also turn off the DI latch output. So it will require a on from the DI low output to start the fill sequence again. This output uses an output on a Control 2 Drive Port 1. There is also a Depends On set for this output. It is a output that follow the Leak input coming from the Archon. The Dependency Mode is set to Off if On. If the Leak output is on I don't want to refill the tank. That is about it for the DI refill setup.

40753479-52B9-4948-BADE-0BE055E7C5F1.png

Below is a screenshot of all the inputs setup on my system. The first 4 are for the DI tank. The one named DI voltage is the same input as DI level. It is just setup to read back the actual voltage on the input. This is a new sensor on this input. The other two pressure sensors are different and have amplifier circuitry used with them. I have had them setup and running for a while. The one on the DI tank is just the sensor with a 5 volt regulator as the power supply. It will be a lot easier to use than making a amplifier circuit to go with the other sensor.

AEDD2AC7-76B2-49BF-9E0C-D6752E578BE5.png

Edited by n2585722
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Next is the fresh salt water storage tank. It has a full sensor and a low level sensor. When the low level sensor is triggered it shuts off the AWC output. It will also trigger a transfer from the mix tank to the fresh saltwater tank if the mix ready latch is on. I will go into that when talking about the mix tank. Below is the screenshot for the full output that follows the full sensor. It uses the Generic Type With a Input Count of 1. Input 1 is the FSW Full sensor input. It is set to Active when wet. This output will be on if water goes above the sensor.

6ECB3E40-B2CE-4897-B4A5-C3EF4028CB65.png

Below is the FSW Low output. The low sensor is also used to turn off the auto water change as long as it is active. This is also a Generic Type with Input Count set to 1. Input 1 is the FSW Low sensor input. It is set to active when dry. So this output will be on if the water level goes below the sensor. Minimum on and minimum off times are set to 1 minute. The Depends On for this output is set to the MIX Ready output. The Dependency Mode is set to Off if Off. So if the Mix Ready output is off the this output will remain off.I will get into the Mix Ready output when I post about the mix tank, but basically it is set when the mix tank contents is ready to use.

8C6253E9-C19F-4DCD-9778-62506559D4E3.png

Below is a hold output. It is used to hold the latch on in the case the full sensor is triggered.  We want to wait and drain the mix tank to the low sensor If for some reason the full sensor is triggered. The transfer pump will turn off but the fill sequence will remain in hold until the water level drops below full. Since both tanks are the same size and the full sensor is set to a lower level in the mix tank this should not happen but this output is in place just in case it ever does. It uses the combiner type. Input 1 is the FSW Fill Latch. It is not inverted. Input 2 is the Mix Low output. This input is inverted so it is active as long as the mix tank is not low. The Combiner Mode is AND. The output will be on as long as both the FSW Fill Latch is on and the Mix low outputs is off. This is also a latch type output.

1F97F5CC-F730-47E0-AB6E-8F16EA0BB71B.png

Below is the FSW Fill latch. It is triggered by the FSW Low output when it comes on. Once it is on it triggers the previous output the FSW Hold to on if the mix tank is not low. So they work together to keep the sequence running if the FSW tank were to fill before the mix tank goes low. It also uses the Combiner Type. Input 1 is the FSW Low output which starts the FSW fill sequence. Input 2 is the FSW Hold output. Neither are inverted. The Combiner Mode is OR. So if either input is active then the output is on. The minimum off time is set to 1 hour. It actually should be several days between each fill sequence so this will prevent a fill for a or power interruption.

D73B85E8-3D9F-43E6-8364-9F468F5D0978.png

Below is the output that actually powers the transfer pump. It is also a Combiner Type. Input 1 is the FSW Hold output. Input 2 is the FSW Full output. Input 2 is the only input that is inverted. The Combiner Type is AND. The Output Device is GR 1-2 which is outlet 2 on a WiFi power strip in the garage. The Depends On is set to Archon Alarm. Dependency is Off if On. The Archon still has all the leak detectors hooked to it. This output is active if the input coming from the Archon is in the wet state. For this output since it is a AND type it will be on if the FSW Hold Output is on and the FSW Full output is off as long as there are no leaks detected by the Archon.

514003D6-93CA-4DF4-9E9C-080D82CEC329.png

Before I get into the mix tank I figured I go over the settings for the mix tank ready part. First off is the switch input setup. I named it Mix Ok To Use. I am using one of the 0-10v inputs for the user switches. This one is setup as a pushbutton. The input is the 4th 0-10v input on the Control 4 in the garage. The trigger voltage is set to 0 volts. When the 0-10v input goes to that voltage this input will be active. It is set to stay active for 15 seconds. Another press will end the active event.

B37ACB68-3D1B-4A5A-BED4-726CAD8EEBF9.png

The input above is used on the output below. This one is named Mix Ready Start. It is used to initially start the mix ready sequence. The Generic Type output is used With 1 input. The input is Mix Ok To Use. There is no output device selected for this output. The rest are at their default settings.

21478237-39DD-4B13-B349-0E908DC68EFE.png

The output below is the latch to keep the mix ready output on after the Mix Ready Start goes inactive. It uses the Combiner Type output. Input 1 is the Mix Ready Start output. Input 2 is the Mix Ready output. This output uses the OR Combiner Mode. If either input is active the output will be on. Output Device is set to none. The rest of the settings are the default settings.

6EC48B69-4A9F-42CE-AFDE-48A68C0E9C48.png

The screeshot below is the mix ready output. This output uses the Combiner Type. Input 1 is the Mix Ready Latch. Input 2 is the Mix Low output. It is also inverted so it is active when mix low is not active.  The output will turn off once the mix low output is on. This output uses the AND Combiner Mode. This output does not have a Output Device selected. This output is only for the logic in the controller.

4FD5B08F-3627-49B7-957D-FEDF7D6B7E3A.png

The reason for these outputs is to have a way to allow use of the contents of the mix tank after it has had the salt mix added and is ready to use. Once the salt mix has been added and sufficient time has passed all I need to do is press the push button switch and the Mix Ready output will turn on and stay on until the Mix Low output turns on. That output is turned on by the mix tank low sensor. So it will stay on until the contents of the mix tank is transferred to  the FSW tank. That is it for the mix tank ready output.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Timfish said:

It's good to see a really detailed thread on setting up a control system for managing a reef aquarium! 

Thank you, I am trying to add enough detail to the thread so someone that wants to try the things I have done they have a good place to start.

• Like 1

The last tank is the mix tank. It has three sensors. A low sensor, a full sensor and a pressure sensor. Below is the setup for the Mix Low sensor. It is connected to a sense port. It is a float switch. The Sense Mode is Water Level. The sense port is on a Control 2 in the garage. When this input was setup there were no notification settings so this output does not send a notification. If I change one of the notification settings it will start sending the notifications. This is a new feature on the new firmware.

046C4583-42C4-4698-BBFC-3B83B6ED5803.png

Below is the Mix Full sensor setup. It also uses a sense port and is also a float switch. It is on the same Control unit as the Mix Low sensor above. As with the Mix Full sensor I did not set any alarm settings.

BFB084E2-B560-4F37-8C26-E62EF0EA7F23.png

Below is the water level input which uses a pressure sensor. It is only for a general idea of the water level in the tank. The input type is 0-10v. The 0-10v input mode is Analog. The 0-10v input used is on a Control 4 in the garage. It is input 3. Scale factor is 10 and offset is 0. The Data Type is Generic.

1BF8081C-E4E2-485F-8746-007DDCC5F1AD.png

There are two outputs that follow the Mix Low and Mix Full sensors to use with the combiner outputs. Below is the Mix Low output. It uses the Generic type. It has a single input. The input is the Mix Low input. This output is on when the Mix Low input is dry. The output device is none. This output is used for logic only.

E0227A71-D5D9-4A11-B022-ECFA0982C9CC.png

Below is the Mix Full output. It also uses the Generic type and uses only one input. The input is Mix Full. This output is on when the input is wet. It also has no output device selected.

C0E0D277-67D2-4F84-8A0C-B7295E643424.png

Next is the Mix Fill Latch output. It is used to latch the mix fill output on once the Mix Low output turns on. It uses the Combiner type output. Input 1 is the Mix Low output. It is not inverted. Input 2 is the Mix Fill output. In is not inverted. The Combiner Mode is OR. So if either input is on the output will be on. Ths output has no output device selected since it is only used for logic.

D72EE5CE-CFBA-4D04-8EA0-33993A81F017.png

Below it the mix fill output. It uses the Combiner Type. Input 1 is the Mix fill latch. The second input on the mix fill latch is this output. So once this output turns on it causes the Mix Fill latch to stay on keeping this ouput on unless input 2 is on. Input two is the Mix Full output. This input is inverted. So when it is off it the same as on on a non inverted input. This uses the AND combiner mode. So input 1 has to be on and input 2 has to be off for the fill output to be on.The output device is a drive port on a Control 2 in the garage.  This output depends on the Leak Garage output.  The Dependency Mode is off if on. I switched the leak detectors from the Archon to the Hydros since the last post here. This output combines the AC Leak and RODI leak sensors. So if a leak is detected at either it will stop any refill or water transfers in the garage until the leak is resolved. Advanced settings are enabled. A maximum on time is set for 5 hours and 30 minutes. Run past max on time is set to off. If the fill output stays on for 5 hours and 30 minutes it will turn off and send a notification. If it takes that long something is wrong.

6A8FB93A-B546-43CC-92FA-B74E231ED071.png

• 4 months later...

There was a new firmware upgrade and app upgrade on the Hydros. So now I can talk about the changes. One is the addition of RODI control. So far it is targeted at someone that has a single DI storage tank. I have two tanks and a RO bladder I have to fill. I was able to try it out anyways until a version for multiple tanks is released. The new output type is RODI Filter. Below is a screenshot of the settings for the DI tank. The only one I will use on this is the Feed Output Device. It is the DI fill solenoid between the RODI unit and the DI tank. The other two outputs I don't currently have. The next setting is the high level input. This is the full sensor on the tank that is to be refilled. The next setting is the Low Level Input. This is the sensor that will start the fill sequence in the tank being filled.  The next input is the Leak Detector Input. If you have a single leak detector at you RODI station and storage tank you can select that detector here. I have two sensors so I used the Depends On settings to do the same thing.

F3F1DB07-F257-4AC5-A960-6F86A187094B.png

The next setting is the Depends On setting. It is set to Leak Garage. That output is a combination of the RODI leak detector and AC leak detector. The Detector under the AC is within a few feet of the RODI unit and the storage tanks. So I use it as a backup for the RODI detector. The dependency mode is off if on. I have the advanced settings enabled. I did this so I can set the Feed Maximum On Time. I set this to 4 hours. I am going to see if that shorter time frame is ok. Feed Run Past Max On Time is set to off. I want it to turn off it it goes that long and is still on. Notification level is set to orange. That way I will get an alert if it runs too long. This will create three Tiles in outputs but all lead to these same settings. It is split into three outputs so there is an indicator for all three.

CED6A47A-33A6-4E60-97B0-F54F4F59228C.png

Once the output is created you will get these output tiles. Another new feature is pages. I will get into that next. His is a screenshot of a page I named Testing. Only the inputs and outputs I have selected show on the page. So under output I have it set to show only the three output tiles created selecting the RODI Filter output type. The flush and boost tile I don't use so the selecting tiles to display feature works great and allow me to deselect the two unused ones.

D11A8964-95A2-4753-8DF4-B547272DFE5A.png

Below is a screenshot of the page in the mode for selecting outputs to view. You enter it by press and hold of one of the tiles. You exit the same way. In the screenshot below I have already deselected the two that I don't use.

23A6DDD5-2731-4D4E-8C59-A58E1AF6BD8C.png

After a press and hold the screenshot below is what I ended up with.

07513DE7-66BE-4D3A-BC00-9987038D47F8.png

Basically what I did was replace two outputs from my original setup with this one. It was the DI Fill and the DI Latch outputs. This is done within the output type now. I still have a solenoid on the RODI input. All I had to do was change the inputs on the original RODI demand output to the new outputs setup using the new output type. The screenshot is below.

Since I changed the Mix fill to use the new output type also I change both inputs on this output. Otherwise it is still setup the same as before.

CA2ED101-A080-4199-B727-1767771A974C.png

This is it for now. I will get more into the pages on a later post. I really like the addition of the pages. It makes it a lot easier by setting up pages with inputs and outputs related to certain functions or places.

Ok, more about pages. With pages added you can segregate the inputs and outputs on different pages. This is great for larger systems. Also you can select the page you wish the app to start on. Below is a screenshot of the pages setup. Here is a list of all the pages on my system and at the bottom is the one it will start on when the app is started. You can add and delete pages from this setup screen.

61521614-6802-4B44-B5BF-75457E94EB7B.png

I will start with the home page Hex Tank. I could not get it all on one screenshot so the two screenshots below are of the Hex Tank page. At the top are the control units that pertain to this page. Below that are the modes I have setup. You can choose which ones are shown on the page by pressing and holding one of the tiles. Then select or deselect till only the ones you want shown on the current page are checked. Below the mode is the inputs that are selected for this page. Only the ones that are directly related to this tank are shown here. Below the inputs are the outputs. Just like the inputs these output are directly related to this tank.

26CAAFD1-32FF-4EB6-BA98-ECE4A6D5D3A1.png

7B6D6877-0DD6-438C-85DD-C6DD39F3D194.png

The next page is the AWC page. The inputs here are related to the AWC or auto water change operation. Leak AC is under the central air conditioner but it is only a few feet from the pumps and storage tanks in the garage. So I want to know if there is a leak there as it could be caused by the AWC components. The outputs are the AWC pump And Low fresh salt water tank and any leak at the tank, air conditioner or the RODI. The wfi device shown is the one in the garage and does not control the AWC components vpvut there has to be at least on shown if there is one.

6B96F934-345D-4C41-BD99-B9A2870C4D5A.png

The next page is the ATO page in the screen shot below. This page is very similar to the AWC page except the tank level shown is the DI tank instead of the FSW tank. The outputs shown are ATO pump, Low DI and Leak all.

093E297A-C0A5-44D5-8404-ECDC6453FADD.png

The next page next to ATO is just a page with all items shown. I did not get a screenshot of that it would take several screenshots to do that. The next one in the other direction from the Hex Tank page is the Living Room page. I put a wifi power strip in the living room to power and control some light houses, globes and jelly fish glass ornaments for my wife. These are scheduled to come on at 5pm and go off at 10pm every day.

286737BC-696F-4DDD-8389-C15D74C2F2A2.png

The next page is RODI related. It is on the two screenshots below. The inputs are for the DI and mix tanks. It is only these two tank that the RODI refill with DI. There is a RO bladder tank which is charged up to pressure from the RO output.  There is the leak detector inputs for RODi and air conditioner. These are only a few feet from each other. There s a TDS input. The main display on this is the output from the DI cartridge and the second one is the output from the RO membrane. The output displayed are for RODI control. There is one for the DI tank refill  and one for the mix tank refill. I also have a solenoid on the input of the RODI that is the RODI on output which is on in this screenshot. The RODI On output is a combiner output if either the DI Refill feed, Mix Refill feed or the RODI timer output is on the RODI output will be on. When the screenshot was taken the RODI timer was on. The timer comes on for 10 minutes ever hour to refill the RO bladder if needed. The rest of the outputs are for flushing the RODI system. If the TDS is high it will run the flush in sequence with the RODI timer but only up to twice a day. If it triggers it is usually several days from the last use.

B80AB9FB-036A-40FA-9272-986604D9BBC7.png

C6FFDD0A-6A1D-40AF-A803-D13BB9F05973.png

The next page is the Storage tank page.  It is below on the two screenshots. This is inputs and outputs related to the three storage tanks Or the area they are in which is the garage.  These are used to refill the DI and mix tank when they go low. Also it is used to transfer the mix tank to the FSW tank if the FSW tank goes low and the water in the mix tank is ready to use. The mix stir, mix full and garage fan are the three outputs on when the screenshot was taken. The garages gets very hot in the summer so I use the Hydros to control a fan that is aimed at the controller board. His helps keep them a little cooler during the summer months. The other non aquarium related uses to turn on the charger for the camera and light for the driveway and to turn on the light above the workbench. The mix stir output powers a powerhead in the mix tank. This will run if the water level is above 70% or the mix full input is active. There is a dispense pump in each of the three tanks. The one in the mix tank is used to transfer the mix tank to the FSW tank. The other two are used on demand to dispense either DI water or fresh salt water into containers as needed. all three lines have a manual valve also. The ones on the DI and FSW tank are kept closed until I want to dispense water from one of these tanks. That is about it for this page.

CCC75553-0E6C-4CC2-AAB2-71C1A41431F8.png

523E4175-5513-4D4C-8EE0-1703C314C186.png

The page that is left is a test page. If I create any inputs or outputs to test something I put them on this page. When I am done they are easy to find and delete. If I am helping someone figure out a way to do something specific sometimes I will create inputs and output to make sure it will work the way it is intended to work. Below is a screenshot of that page. Right now I don't have anything there except for the output I use to do flow catches on dosing pumps.

C9DF0E4F-EA45-4780-A76B-031A282AEB4E.png

Below is the graphs for an automated water transfer from the mix tank to the fresh saltwater tank. The refill of the mix tank with DI from the RODI unit was also automated. The first graph is the FSW tank water level. The FSW low sensor is what starts the transfer using a PMUP pump. There is a FSW full sensor that is not shown. Under normal circumstances this sensor is never wet since the transfer start on a empty tank and ends when the mix tank is empty. The mix low sensor stops the transfer and starts the DI refill. The mix tank full sensor stops the DI refill. The level sensors are pressure sensors that I put together. They are temp sensitive as you can tell by the level going up in the afternoon and down during the coolest part of the day. I can still get an approximation of the water level in the tanks without having to roll them out and lift the lid.

55391BFA-5788-4BB0-BDFD-841E9B4760DF.png

I modified a Intllab pump with a different motor to allow two pump heads on a single dosing pump. This has been in use since around March. It has been running so good that I decided to modify one of the spares like this. This time I got some photos as I was doing this. The first three photos below are of the dual head motor assembly and of a Intllab single head motor assembly. The only thing I can tell that is different is the length of the shaft on the motor. The dual head assembly was around $20 and the single head assembly was around $10. Both were purchased from Amazon.

B347707F-35DF-4818-8A02-901761305B39.jpeg

FB4790BF-CE5D-44AB-8F29-42B5184CBE50.jpeg

62FCCA9E-2D65-4843-8913-F58F82EB4E88.jpeg

The photo below is of the dual head assembly disassembled for use. 

264F2E34-6ED3-4DB3-915A-C9BEBC478E0B.jpeg

Below is a photo of the pump being modified.

3256D3C4-6259-4474-8103-89748FE6EB75.jpeg

Below is a photo of the bottom of the pump. Two of the rubber feet in back have to be removed to gain access to the screws. There is another screw under the CE label that also has to ve removed. I assume the sticker is a way for them to detect if the pump has been tampered with for warranty purposes.

93DA5089-7DE1-44BB-AD68-D91A8CCD220F.jpeg

Below is the pump with the bottom removed.

6DE68A42-0389-49DC-8231-F6731D5C4682.jpeg

Below is a photo with the motor removed. The wires are still attached.

F9DCBACC-676F-45FC-81F1-DCE386119678.jpeg

Below is a photo of both motors side by side after detaching the wires with a soldiering iron.

A84FC606-33F5-4BDE-A6E1-2DD16F4D8D21.jpeg

Below is a photo of the new motor attached to the wires. The red dot on the motor is near the lug attached to the red wire. I would assume that if hooked up the opposite direction the motor would turn clockwise instead of counterclockwise.

17AA75A4-3738-4421-8E07-997680415D93.jpeg

Below is the pump back together with both pump heads installed.

61804F4F-0105-4C81-9A07-9CD24937EF5E.jpeg

Below is a photo after the tubing was changed to longer tubing and a flow catch was done. The flow was 60ml a minute with the pot setting in the photo.  This seems to vary from pump to pump so a flow catch is required to get the correct value. This pump is ready to use if I need to replace the one in use. On the green pump head the clips are slightly closer together than the white ones so the pump head snapped back on the pump has a tighter fit and is harder to get off than the white pump heads.

1221E106-6A41-4DFA-8F58-C6B5A957F8EF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

There are some new features out now on the Hydros. I use one of them for my AWC. Since I use the dual head dosing pump I have modified I use it with the simple doser output and a schedule. This is my AWC page.

B4B46522-D2DD-4A31-933D-1B77F1CA6179.png

Below is the 42g AWC output if you click on it. It has a calibration function to calibrate the pump flow. I did not use this since I have to divide the flow number anyway.

3DEC457B-0EF6-4D8E-AA47-9DA1624962DC.png

This is the setup for the AWC output. It uses the Simple Doser output type. The flow rate is set for 8.3 ml. The pump flow are is adtually 83ml.  Since this is from a common shared storage tank that can hold up to 20 gallons the calculation for usage is not used and left at 0.

221F7695-589F-4EFC-8D78-3909678C630B.png

Below is the schedule for the AWC output.  I used the Dosing Regimen type for a dosing pump. The dosing amount is set for 275.7ml since the pump is actually pumping 10 time the amount set in the flow rate the actual amount that will be changed a day is 2757ml or about 2.9 quarts. I was using timers to do this and came up with that figure to match the pumping time already being used. The Dose Count is set to 3. So it will divide the dose into 3 equal dispenses. Doser count is set to 1 since there is only the one pump. The pump selected is 42g AWC. The doser speed is set to 8.3ml per minute. I think that carries over from the output selected. The start time is set for 7:00 am. The other two are spread out between the end time equally. The off time is included so the last dispense is not at the end time. It is set to run every day of the week. The depends on is set to the AWC Ok output and is set to off if off. So as long as AWC Ok is on the AWC will run on schedule.

083BEE28-0160-49A4-A046-E621EA05941E.png

I got a Hydros dosing pump to try out. I set it up as an ATO pump since that is the most used pump. I am going to need to make a new shelf unit since the Hydros dosing pumps are a little higher than the Intllab ones I have been using. In the mean time I set it on a stand near the shelf unit and hooked it in place of the one I was using for ATO. The 42 ml per minute flow of the Hydros was close to where I had the Intllab set so I didn't need to change any of the settings on the Hydros controller. It was plug and play other than not fitting on the shelf.

2A43A747-4329-4082-8EC9-8002DAE65F60.jpeg

1CB83E89-A900-427C-A651-7F154187537C.jpeg

• Like 1

I have made a shelf for the pumps that the Hydros pump will fit into. I have one completed and installed. I still need to complete the second one but it is not currently in use. So no hurry on it. This will allow me to use either the Intllab or the Hydros dosing pump in all locations.

D8117909-B424-47FF-AB56-1369387233FC.jpeg

I cut some wood for the project on the table saw. I cut enough for both shelf assemblies.

6752E207-D88F-4E75-9630-A096F084AF26.jpeg

Another photo of the wood. I had not done the back of the shelf section when these were taken.

B5A59FBF-C33C-45BB-97FA-0A1F208C74E4.jpeg

Back side of the front frame assembled for testing. It is not glued or sanded on this photo.

83446E43-6B9A-4D9C-BFC0-83CCFF1EB14B.jpeg

Front side of the second front frame assy.

7ABBA710-D956-4484-90E2-B61FFE199152.jpeg

Back side of second front fame assy.

C214FC8C-236A-4B8C-8C8C-3B9CA59DB131.jpeg

Front side of first frame assembly. The first one had the mtg holes already drilled in the photos.

EE514C9F-6251-40A4-A9D8-57744431D5D0.jpeg

To glue together the shelve unit I used a square with some double sided foam tape. The square used has the corner removed so it does not get into the glue while the glue dries.

4A42F764-19A4-4D36-A1FF-CC58883BCAAA.jpeg

Attaching one shelf section to the square with double sided tape keeping it flush to shelf side section.

AB7171E3-9ED3-4369-8045-688C6447807F.jpeg

Adding glue to the end of the shelf section that attaches to the side section.

3D52DFED-AB43-4339-995B-517E56B51617.jpeg

Shelf section in place using a wood block to get flush to the end of the side section.

C40B24E9-BC16-4813-9737-1F9FA0E876A1.jpeg

Cleaned up excess glue. Now waiting for it to dry before I continue.

D06B6CEC-D91F-4737-8908-8E686D659784.jpeg

The other shelf unit and other side gluing. I used the same process on this one as the other. Once dry I will glue these together.

E7D963E1-16A0-45C3-B5F8-4C643FA1530A.jpeg

Gluing one corner using the jar for weight on the joint while it dries.

FBC6511E-0474-4F55-836E-69600B89A4A7.jpeg

Glueing the other corner but needed a little heavier weight to keep it in place while the glue dried.

262B0F9C-92EB-4172-90C1-1A4B6163D1A6.jpeg

Glueing the center shelf in place. This shelf extends to the front of the front frame assembly. The two wood blocks are used to keep it centered while the glue dries.

7E276491-6645-4C22-A3AA-D119809A3B9A.jpeg

Shelf unit complete except for back.

D6FFE3DC-A808-4A77-9D41-89FE0C649231.jpeg

Shelf unit standing up.

A06950AF-F93F-457E-825E-65DD9893B9BA.jpeg

Back side of shelf unit.

DEBAFA58-5304-4475-82BA-6AF8E86E689C.jpeg

Shelving unit with back attached from front.

70BE8750-29B4-443B-A7D5-CD4E8423047A.jpeg

Completed Shelf unit on top of front frame.

84C58555-56D6-4510-B9B2-826D2873FEB5.jpeg

Back side of shelf unit.

BB400B4D-8ED8-47DE-A517-EF487EBE392D.jpeg

Shelf unit tested in place in the control board.

4FA97E27-5C0A-4D9F-BAFE-8D42357BA616.jpeg

Testing the pumps in the shelf unit before final assembly.

5082D8C2-7404-47EC-98C7-3CBDEE74DFEE.jpeg

Shelf unit complete and painted. Adding mounting holes for the tubing holders using a fixture to get them placed correctly.

9A3D1CAD-9687-4637-B1AA-6C5AF19C94EF.jpeg

Using the fixture for the holes for the tubing holder on the top.

2045E4F0-94BC-49AE-8FF9-C2CA2B3A8352.jpeg

Removing pumps and tubing so the old shelf assembly can be removed. I temporarily label the cords to make sure and get them back in the right place on the new shelf unit.

6C289D4C-9012-485F-843F-658A58B29B4E.jpeg

The first pump in the new shelf assembly. This is the pump used to dose All For Reef.

073B3B97-EA29-47E1-B482-3FE59101967D.jpeg

All pumps are installed in the new shelf assembly. Tubing all hooked back up. The Hydros pump on the bottom right is the ATO pump. The bottom left pump is the AWC pump. The empty spot above it is for a second AWC pump if I choose to use two separate pumps.

E64E93F1-2ED9-4B2F-9003-491FBD7CF3C1.jpeg

Right side of the control board with the older style pump shelf installed above the new one. I will leave it there until the other unit is finished. That one is for a second tank when I get around to setting it back up.

Definitely one of the most thurogh build threads I've seen!

For building acrylic I cut the corners off my speed squares for the same reason.  I have a couple aluminum ones with conrers intack and a bunch of modified plastic ones.  

• Like 1